Responsibilities will include:
- Provide consultation and support to business units and functions regarding privacy concepts, legal and regulatory requirements, company standards, information classification, best practices and controls
- Assist the Global Privacy Office in meeting GDPR compliance by assessing readiness and recommending and overseeing remediation for group companies based in Europe
- Promote awareness of privacy and data protection policies and practices and provide training to a variety of audiences regarding privacy compliance and required controls
- Conduct or support ongoing compliance monitoring activities in coordination with other compliance assessment functions
- Lead and/or participate on cross-functional teams
- Support and/or lead incident response teams for incidents involving the personal data of individuals
- Manage or assist with requests or complaints from data subjects and conduct associated investigations if necessary.
- Recommend, develop, define, and maintain regional and global privacy and information management policies, procedures, and guidelines as necessary to address legal, regulatory, and contractual obligations.
- Update and modify privacy policies, guidelines, practices, and processes in response to evolving legislation, regulation, industry practices, risk exposures, and technology.
- Provide ongoing management, content development, and oversight of the privacy-training program. Facilitate and promote activities to foster employee awareness about compliance and privacy across the organization.
- Drive compliance with privacy practices and communicate privacy practices on a global scale.
- Develop and lead the corporate Privacy Impact Assessment process.
- Chair the Technology and Privacy Committee.
- Develop privacy compliance metrics granting business leadership and stakeholders’ visibility into the current state of privacy compliance.
- Manage compliance with privacy legislation and regulations.
- Work with various departments to identify, evaluate, and mitigate risks in current practices while developing processes, policies, and procedures to address those risks.
- Mange privacy complaints and requests for access to personal information internally and externally.
- Serve as the point of contact for personal information transfer requests while documenting such requests and overseeing the approval of cross-border information transfers.
- Provide ongoing management, content development, and oversight of the compliance and privacy-training program for the designated region.
- Report developments in local privacy laws and regulations, and report those changes to the Deputy Chief Compliance Officer and Chief Privacy Officer.
- Work with regional and local Legal, Security, IT, Operations, HR, and Procurement departments to review and revise Risk Assessments and Security Assessments.
- Work with regional and local Legal, Security, IT, Operations, HR, and Procurement departments to communicate privacy policies and practices in their region.
- Work with regional and local Legal, Security, IT, Operations, HR, and Procurement departments to evaluate whether processes, proposals, hardware, software, and technology should undergo a Privacy Threshold Analysis.
- Prepare Privacy Impact Assessments and or DPIA’s.
- Serve as the point of contact for regional breach and incident management.
- Serve as the privacy point of contact for external privacy inquiries.
- Assist in presentations to the Technology and Privacy Committee.
Global Compliance, Privacy and Security
United States of America – Can work remote/from home
- Experience in data protection and privacy at an executive level
- In-depth knowledge of European Union Data Protection laws, APEC Cross Boarder Data Transfer requirements, Privacy Shield and BCR implementations
- Ideally has a recognized certification in privacy and data protection (CIPP, CIPM or CIPT), recognized certification in information security (CISSP, CISM) a plus
- Proficiency in written and spoken business English a must, additional language skills a plus.
- Experience working in a multi-national corporation or experience working on projects involving stakeholders from multiple jurisdictions
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Ability to operate efficiently across different countries and cultures
- Desire to work as part of a global team in a fast paced environment
- Undergraduate degree and J.D. required, MBA preferred
Application Submission Information:
Please send your cover letter and CV to Alan Winters email@example.com