Sony Corporation of America, located in New York, NY, is the U.S. headquarters of Sony Corporation, based in Tokyo, Japan. Sony’s principal U.S. businesses include Sony Electronics Inc., Sony Mobile Communications (USA) Inc., Sony Interactive Entertainment, Sony Pictures Entertainment, Inc., Sony Music Entertainment, and Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC. With some 900 million Sony Devices in hands and homes worldwide today, a vast array of Sony movies, television shows and music, and the PlayStation Network and the Sony Entertainment Network, Sony creates and delivers more entertainment experiences to more people than anyone else on earth.
Sony Corporation of America (SCA), is seeking a Senior Manager, Privacy to join the Global Information Security and Privacy organization in the London office. This position will report to the Director of Privacy and be a part of the team responsible for establishing and maintaining an enterprise vision, strategy and program to secure Sony’s information assets, services, and the products that depend on them, thus, building trust with customers and stakeholders, and protecting the privacy of Sony’s customers and employees.
- Initiates and conducts efforts aimed at promoting and ensuring compliance with global privacy rules and other privacy program requirements, with a primary focus on the EMEA region but including involvement in global privacy work.
- Supports the management of global privacy projects and initiatives related to protecting the personal data of customers, employees, talent and other third parties.
- Provides advice and support across the company, as a privacy subject matter expert, including acting as a key GIS&P liaison on day-to-day privacy related matters.
- Consults with teams across the company regarding privacy issues and the integration of Sony’s privacy management framework and privacy best practices.
- Maintains knowledge of applicable privacy laws, regulations, and standards, and monitors advancements in information privacy technologies.
- Works in partnership with appropriate teams to enhance governance, controls and documentation, and address findings.
- Assists in the development and facilitation of privacy training and awareness programs across the enterprise to improve employee awareness.
- Supports the Privacy Director and Head of Privacy with reporting on global privacy projects and initiatives.
- Minimum of 8 years’ demonstrable data privacy experience. This could have been in a compliance, legal, information security, information technology or consulting capacity.
- Practical, hands on privacy experience, and certifications such as CIPP strongly preferred.
- A legal qualification and/or law degree is valuable, but not essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field, such as information technology, law, management, or other applicable area, or equivalent experience.
- Involvement in global cross-company privacy programs and/or initiatives, including GDPR, preferred.
- Experience drafting privacy and data protection policies preferred.
- Exceptional communication and advocacy skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to express complex and technical issues as understandable language within Sony, and with clients and other stakeholders.
- Collaborative, team player.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of executives.
- Ability to manage multiple programs simultaneously, with strong ability to prioritize multiple tasks and respond to emergencies, organize and schedule work effectively.
- Ability to travel internationally as required, up to 20%.
- Eligible to work unrestricted in the United Kingdom.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Application Submission Information: