About the Team
Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means joining one of the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. Stanley Black & Decker is unique in that we’ve got a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn’t stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company poised and ready for the future.
The Global Privacy Office is currently being established to support the success of data privacy operations. This is an opportunity to support the establishment of the data privacy by design and develop leading practices for the corporation. The Global Privacy Office will act as liaisons and trusted advisors of key stakeholders to build a culture of compliance.
This role is critical in achieving compliance objectives relating to data privacy and keeping leadership informed of key developments and issues. Will work closely with other internal stakeholders, including Legal, Security Technology and business leads to research, develop, and implement privacy processes, procedures and use cases. Provides leadership and direction to internal stakeholders across multiple functional areas.
Experience in data privacy, cyber security or human rights preferred.
Essential Job Functions
- Work closely with Global Privacy Office Director to develop privacy by design principles including but not limited to; framework, policies, and procedures
- Act as Subject Matter Expert, providing prompt, reliable advice to colleagues as necessary
- Assist with development and maintenance of compliance program documentation, requirements and analysis
- Assist with developing a reporting framework to assess, monitor and mitigate risks
- Conduct or provide oversight with regards to compliance assessments, audits and other requirements
- Provide appropriate reports and updates to senior leadership on data privacy progress
- Develop guidance, training and educational material; interact closely with various teams to ensure understanding
- Promote and encourage a culture of data privacy across the organization via communications plan
- Work closely with others in the Global Privacy Office to ensure processes and procedures provide adequate proof of compliance; accomplish this through technology enablement where practical
Essential Skills & Experience
- Demonstrable program management skills including strong organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Solid computer skills including: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Perseverance and agility to work in rapidly changing environment
- CIPP certification or aptitude to obtain certification
- Proven experience working at a senior level in a compliance driven environment
- Experience in data protection, compliance, cyber security, or human rights a plus
Application Submission Information: