The Data Privacy & Protection Senior Compliance Officer (Information Security) will report to the Privacy Compliance Manager (Technology & Operations) within the MUFG Union Bank Compliance Department. The Senior Compliance Officer will be responsible, with other members of the Data Privacy & Protection Office team, for privacy and information security compliance program activities.
- The coordination of required privacy and information security compliance program activities including privacy impact assessments, product and service risk assessments, vendor due diligence, data management and protection, and meeting compliance program operational needs;
- Testing, monitoring and managing Privacy program initiatives;
- Working closely with the line of business compliance officers in the ongoing development of key Data Privacy compliance controls;
- Assessing privacy, information security and data protection risks, providing consulting and advice to business and Information Technology partners to identify and mitigate risks;
- Ensuring Data Privacy Policies meet regulatory requirements and monitor regulatory change management;
Working with different project teams as a subject matter expert.
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years’ experience in banking regulatory compliance or similar work experience in compliance or risk management;
- Extensive knowledge of privacy and data protection laws, regulations and best practices, including GLBA, TCPA, HIPAA; GRC tools and implementation; data breach handling and cross-border data transfer requirements and industry standards/frameworks (NIST, ISO27k, COBIT 5);
- Strong presentation and written communication skills and the ability to analyze and make effective, business-centric recommendations to business leaders and senior management; and,
- A BA or BS is required; project management and implementation experience plus CIPP or CISSP or equivalent certifications are highly desirable.
Application Submission Information: