- Develop and manage Viacom’s internal and external privacy and data protection policies
- Project manage cross-functional privacy projects, including preparedness for the General Data Protection Regulation, and Privacy Shield recertification
- Develop and maintain procedures to review new business initiatives for privacy and data protection concerns
- Drive and manage key Privacy Program projects, tools and resources on behalf of the privacy team, communicating and tracking action items and deliverables
- Help implement privacy, security, and data management requirements and best practices for large data analysis tools, analytic technologies, database management and data governance to maintain the privacy of key user and employee data
- Prepare and drive reports and roadmaps including complex, multi-phase, multi-program roadmaps, involving multiple contributing teams and showing plans for all phases of planning, implementation, and production readiness and support
- Prepare and maintain records regarding Viacom’s Privacy Program
- Assist in conducting data protection impact assessments
- Bachelor's degree
- Five plus years of experience in privacy, security, and data management
- Project management skills, including experience driving large, complex projects that span cross-functional groups
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, and writing skills, including plan status, results, and presentations
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to distill complex issues into easy to understand recommendations that can be conveyed in written & verbal form
- Familiarity with major international and domestic privacy laws and regulations
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Technical skills and expertise to implement and manage compliance tools and processes that enable privacy compliance and incident tracking and reporting
- Solutions-oriented team player, with a track record of identifying and implementing creative solutions.
- Ability to effectively manage outside vendors (when used) and manage a budget and timeline
- Desire to grow or build a privacy career
- Certified Information Privacy Manager (“CIPM”) certification is strongly preferred
We’re an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Viacom provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, family or parental status, age, veteran or disability status, or other protected status.
Application Submission Information: