TechOp Solutions is looking for talented professionals that possess the experience, vision, commitment and integrity to successfully support the Department of Homeland Security Science and Technology Directorate in ensuring that privacy considerations and protections are comprehensively integrated into DHS programs, policies and procedures.
The Senior Privacy Consultant will provide DHS with strategic consulting and technical services and policy support. This support includes the analysis and implementation of privacy and disclosure related policies, procedures, and implementation requirements. S&T seeks subject matter expertise on Homeland Security related privacy and FOIA strategic consulting including organizational development, communications, change management, and advisory services.
- Privacy Compliance; FOIA Processing Support; Privacy and Policy Oversight.
- Review Privacy Compliance documentation, including Privacy Threshold Analysis (PTAs), Social Media Operational Use Templates (SMOUTs), System of Record Notices (SORNs), and Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs).
- Review and analyze operational and proposed Component systems in order to identify real/potential privacy risks, and develop mitigation strategies.
- Manage the editorial process, including the drafting, review, and revision of Component Privacy Office Compliance documentation.
- Establishing timelines and deadlines to ensure that coverage is in place before a program goes live, or in the case of already operational systems, the Authority to Operate expires.
- Facilitate communications/workflow between senior Component-level Privacy personnel and the DHS Privacy Office.
- Identify Compliance gaps and define requirements to ensure that Components/programs/systems are compliant with DHS privacy policies, procedures, and legal statutes.
- Establish Component/programmatic priorities.
- Provide guidance on remediation/courses of action.
- Provide training to Component-level Privacy personnel and serve on discussion panels at Privacy conferences.
- Provide staff-level support to the Compliance Director and Chief Privacy Officer during inter-Agency meetings.
- JD or MA/MS (preferred); Bachelor degree from accredited college or university required
- Prior experience with Privacy Compliance
- CIPP Certification a plus
- 12+ years of experience is required
- Applicants selected must have a completed NACLC investigation and corresponding active DoD clearance
Application Submission Information:
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org