At Telstra, we believe the more connected people are, the more opportunities they have. That's why we help create a brilliant and connected future so anyone can thrive.
The world around us is changing, and hopefully you've noticed that Telstra is changing too. We're putting the customer at the centre of everything we do, and we need your help to do that.
You will report to our Chief Privacy Officer and partner with multiple Privacy champions across our global business. This role is central in reducing Telstra’s privacy risk and improving Telstra’s privacy Framework and will support the Group Privacy team to oversee and monitor the global privacy compliance framework to effectively reduce our privacy risks globally.
Key responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the enterprise-wide privacy compliance program;
- Providing subject matter advice to the Telstra Privacy community;
- Overseeing the Compliance Management process with the Office of Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC);
- Managing the Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA) and Compliance questionnaire (CQ);
- Designing and Implementing international compliance programs (as required) (e.g. GDPR, CCPA);
- Reviewing and maintaining the Telstra Privacy Statement;
- Preparing regular reporting to the Telstra Audit and Risk Committee and management forums;
- Preparing regulatory submissions to influence changes to Privacy Legislation.
In order to be successful in this role:
- Tertiary qualifications in Law, Commerce, Business, Information Systems or a related discipline, ideally holding or with an interest in pursuing professional and/or Post Graduate qualifications.
- In-depth understanding of the Australian Privacy Act;
- Experience / knowledge of GDPR and other global privacy regimes
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Demonstrated ability of solving complex problems
- Establishing and maintaining stakeholder relationships
- Demonstrated experience in compliance or risk management;
- Demonstrated ability to work with ambiguity to tight timelines;
- Demonstrated ability to read and translate legislation into simple processes and procedures
If this opportunity sounds like a perfect fit for you, we’d encourage you to apply!
We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce in all its forms. We encourage applicants from diverse gender, cultural and linguistic backgrounds and applicants who may be living with a disability. We also offer flexibility in all our roles, to ensure everyone can participate.
To learn more about how we support our people, including accessibility adjustments we can provide you through the recruitment process, visit tel.st/thrive.
Application Submission Information: