Reporting to Telstra’s Head of US-EMEA Legal in New York and the Corporate Affairs and Regulatory Executive in Australia, the successful candidate will lead Telstra’s privacy and compliance regulatory analysis and risk management in the US and Europe.
In this role, you will:
- Design and implement the US and European Privacy compliance program, in conjunction with the Chief Privacy Officer and International Regulatory Compliance Program Manager;
- Act as the GDPR Data Privacy Officer for Telstra, and carry out the duties as required under Article 39;
- Manage North American and European federal and state regulatory filings and telecommunications license applications;
- Act as the point of contact for Telstra with regulators in North America and Europe
- Provide advice, and, as needed, design and implement compliance programs necessary to support Telstra’s selling services to the US federal government as a primary or subcontractor;
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of applicable Telstra Group policies, including the Telstra Privacy Statement;
- Stay abreast of new regulations and interpretation of existing regulations in the areas of telecommunications, privacy, export, national security and data security and working with external counsel and legal team to analyze new regulation as they arise;
- Work with legal and regulatory and compliance team to advise the business on regulatory implications of new product introductions, entrance into new markets, and other new business plans and strategies;
- Develop and lead training programs on privacy and regulatory obligations in Europe and the US;
- Manage complex compliance issues and assessing potential breaches, manage the resolution and report outcomes to the Audit and Risk Committee; and
- Research regulations and provide advice if the business elects to expand in the Americas or EMEA.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- Substantial experience in interpreting requirements of GDPR and US privacy regulation
- Relevant work experience in regulatory/compliance
- Preferably with experience/knowledge of US and/or European telecommunications regulation as well as understanding of the telecommunications industry
- Graduate diploma in US law highly desirable
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated expertise in solving complex problems
- Establishing and maintaining stakeholder relationships
- Demonstrated ability to work with ambiguity to tight timelines
- Demonstrated ability to read and translate complex regulation into simple processes and procedures
- Ability to work independently in coordination with global team members located in significantly different time zones
- Ability to travel to London periodically, and, Australia, as needed
A job at Telstra is like no other you've had. You'll be challenged, you’ll be inspired and you'll be proud. Because whatever your job is here, you'll always be part of something bigger.
If this role sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you to discuss this great opportunity. Please email: email@example.com directly to apply.