Responsible for privacy compliance activities related to Comcast Cable business. This position will support the operational implementation of policies and operational privacy compliance programs. Responsible for achieving compliance objectives and keeping leadership informed of key developments and issues. Will work closely with other internal stakeholders, including the Privacy and Information Security legal team and business leads to research, develop, and implement privacy and information security policies, processes, and procedures to ensure compliance with privacy laws and regulations and internal policies. Provides leadership and direction to internal stakeholders across multiple functional areas.
- Management and implementation of privacy and information security compliance program framework.
- Oversee development and delivery of new privacy compliance projects.
- Review, develop, and implement operational privacy controls to ensure safeguards are in place to comply with privacy rules, laws, regulations and company policies
- Develop and analyze privacy key performance indicators. Establish a reporting framework to monitor, audit, and identify areas of potential risk and enable the pro-active detection of areas needing attention.
- Develop and manage compliance assessments and privacy/data protection audits.
- Establish and maintain compliance program documentation and policies.
- Applies expertise in privacy and is relied on to ensure compliance obligations are met.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams to determine the impact of privacy standards and regulations on products and processes and helps identify possible solutions to ensure compliance.
- Demonstrate excellent program management skills, with a proven track record in privacy compliance and/or in implementing successful compliance programs.
- Interact closely and manage relationships with various teams including Business Units, Technology Teams, Security, Legal and Regulatory Departments.
- Represent the company in industry forums and working groups as needed.
- May participate in the hiring, training, and development of staff.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Generally requires 8-11 years of overall related experience
- Minimally requires at least 3-5 years of experience focused on privacy
- Experience implementing and managing operational privacy compliance programs preferred
- CIPM or CIPP industry certification preferred
- Working knowledge of current privacy and data protection standards, regulations & best practices
- Ability to influence non-direct reports
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent, advanced degree preferred but not required
- Organized, responsive and able to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
Application Submission Information:
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer