Senior Manager Privacy - EMEA
Moving money—reliably and seamlessly across the globe—has never been more important than it is today in an interconnected economy. Western Union is the market leader at a time when money transfer has never been more relevant. We are constantly innovating and growing to reach more customers, in more countries—to move more money for a better world.
Today, Western Union’s unmatched global network is comprised of 15,000+ corridors, 500,000+ Agent locations with 100,000+ ATMS/kiosks, in 200+ countries and territories, reaching more than 1 billion bank accounts worldwide.
Keeping money moving safely and conveniently has taken a great deal of time and effort over the last 20 years. Which is why Western Union devotes nearly 25 percent of its 10,000 person workforce to compliance and ensures its systems are constantly upgraded and checked.
As the Senior Manager Privacy you will work on the transformation of Western Union’s privacy program. You will work closely with the Director, EMEA Privacy in order to build, implement, update and maintain a world class privacy program, with a particular focus on the Europe, Middle East and Africa regions. Data is key to our business and in order to use it effectively we need a great privacy programme.
In your role As the Senior Manager Privacy you will provide advice and guidance to support the regional retail, digital and business solutions divisions, in particular for complex and/or higher profile initiatives. You will lead the development, deployment and oversight of privacy focused governance and control frameworks to manage data privacy risk in a way that is appropriate to Western Union’s businesses and, looking ahead, to the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation. At all times this will help Western Union assess privacy risk, help us comply with laws and help delivery of Western Union’s privacy strategy.
This is a truly international company and will need someone with an international outlook. Some occasional travel may be required, including international travel.
Who do we want to hire?
- You have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent education.
- You have a CIPP/CIPT/CIPM Certification
- You have a wealth of Privacy experience, preferably in an international commercially focused role with financial services experience
- You have direct experience of and responsibility for privacy compliance in one or more EU countries other than the UK
- You have expert knowledge of EU privacy regulations
- You have expert knowledge of GDPR and its practical implications
- You have a proven track record of building out and implementing Compliance programs
- You are able to manage multiple data protection projects
- You are able to distil privacy concepts and requirements into clear recommendations for business partners
What we offer
An exciting multicultural working environment with the ability to collaborate and link across borders with sector and technical experts in all parts of our business supported by cutting edge technology and systems
An attractive base salary is on offer depending on skills and experience, along with comprehensive bonus and benefits package.
Growth and innovation are the story of our past, and they will define our future so if you are looking to be part of an exciting and innovative organization where your hard work can make a difference then please apply for the role – we would love to hear from you!
Application Submission Information: