Mastercard’s Privacy & Data Protection team is a global, best in class team responsible for Mastercard’s compliance with applicable privacy & data protection laws and development and commercialization of data driven products in compliance with those laws. The team also demonstrates its thought leadership for the protection of data with regulators, legislators and employees and advocates for strong external and internal standards for protecting that data.
The Senior Counsel will be a member of a team of privacy and data protection professionals to ensure privacy & data protection compliance while enabling data driven innovation within the Mastercard Advisors organization. The position will dual report to the Managing Counsel, Privacy & Data Protection Counsel, Global Data Analytics, and the Assistant General Counsel, Mastercard Advisors, and will be a member of the Privacy & Information Governance Leadership team as well as the Mastercard Advisors legal team.
The Senior Counsel will be responsible for:
- enabling the development of information based products and solutions, including complex algorithmic products, for the Advisors business in Europe, which includes Sales, Consulting, Implementation Services (Managed Services) that provide on behalf of marketing campaigns to its customers, and Data Analytics, while ensuring compliance with global privacy and data protection laws, utilizing privacy by design methodology;
- understanding complex data-driven business models and identifying and applying applicable privacy and data protection laws, including the new EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), the e-Privacy Directive as well as Mastercard’s Binding Corporate Rules (“BCRs”);
- identifying legal, business and infrastructure requirements resulting from new and evolving privacy laws and regulations; work with business and technical teams in implementation;
- enabling Advisors Financial Institutions, Retailer, and Government verticals to build data driven products by building privacy by design into scalable and customizable solutions in Europe;
- analyzing new Advisors data driven products & solutions including: analytic and predictive models, and e-commerce products on a regional basis;
- ensuring new products & services comply with European privacy laws including the EU GDPR, the e-Privacy Directive, Mastercard’s BCRs, as well as country specific privacy and data protection laws, marketing laws, bank secrecy laws, data localization laws and other laws regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal, sensitive and confidential data;
- Collaborating with the commercial legal and business teams to enable and develop solutions for Advisors customers in Europe.
All About You:
- Qualified as an attorney in Europe;
- Ability to understand complex analytical model development and application process;
- Expertise in and track record dealing with a wide range of global privacy and data protection laws including but not limited to the EU Data Protection Directive, e-Privacy Directive and other global privacy and data regulatory laws including: US GLBA, Canadian Privacy law
- Knowledge of various EU credit laws;
- Expertise in anonymization and de-identification methodologies;
- Familiarity with financial services industry and payment processing;
- Strong analytic capabilities, and written and oral communication skills. Attention to detail is a must.
- Commercial-minded, solutions-oriented with a pragmatic and creative approach.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with proven experience in relationship building and partnering with both legal and business colleagues. Must work well in both team and individual settings.
- Ability to motivate and influence highly skilled professionals to achieve major organizational goals.
Application Submission Information:
Please apply online at mastercard.com/careers to requisition R-45005