Amazon Web Services seeks a Privacy Specialist with experience supporting regulated customers compliance. This position will have high visibility at the most senior levels of government agencies, institutions, and AWS including frequent interaction with CISOs, CTOs, and AWS senior leadership.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) obsesses over customers; delivering results for customers is what we do. We are looking for independent, passionate, and deeply experienced professionals in the content development and project management arena to provide depth in assisting our partners, customers and their stakeholders to understand and address their security, regulatory and compliance requirements in moving their sensitive workloads and heavily regulated data into the cloud.
The position, as part of the AWS Security Assurance team, will act as the primary Security Assurance interface for the internal and external regulated communities concerned with data privacy. The candidate will already have and continue to foster key relationships, be able to interpret the impacts of policy changes, and track and report on industry trends.
- 10+ years of professional experience in privacy/data protection security implementation and policy or regulatory affairs.
- 5+ years experience with national, international, and/or sectoral privacy laws and regulations such as Patriot Act, Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, and relative state laws.
- Advanced degree in related area of study.
- Highly effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills; demonstrated ability to effectively and comfortably interact at senior and executive levels.
- Self-starter with proven track record of successfully working with a wide array of functional groups across an organization and cultures as well as working independently.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to use data to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
- Ability to investigate and analyze technical and regulatory issues with applicability to AWS services.
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) or equivalent experience
- Domestic and global travel may be required 30%-50%.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Application Submission Information: