Facebook seeks a highly-motivated, detail-oriented team player to serve as a Regulatory Information Governance Manager. This position is located in the eDiscovery & Information Governance team within Facebook’s Legal Department and will report to an Associate General Counsel. As a trusted member of the team, you will work with partners across the company to support regulatory, information governance, and privacy documentation needs for the company and its affiliates.
Detailed Position Description:
The ideal candidate is comfortable managing a team and multiple complicated projects. You are a natural communicator who focuses on and conveys details to stakeholders to drive alignment and clarity, and to proactively managing risks. You have great intellectual curiosity and a desire to invest time and energy into learning and growing as a subject matter expert. In addition, you have the ability to operate independently in a fast-paced environment and work proactively with teams across the organization, including legal, IT, security, policy, and product teams.
- Develop and manage long-term strategies for aligning regulatory documentation practices within Facebook
- Update Facebook’s regulatory content management strategy by coordinating with stakeholders across the organization
- Manage and provide oversight for team of documentation specialists enabling their successful completion of regulatory deliverables
- Develop and manage end-to-end complex project plans on behalf of project owners, cross-functional partners, and stakeholders to create agendas, prioritize and communicate project requirements, track action items and milestones, and ensure on-time delivery of critical initiatives
- Apply subject matter expertise to meaningfully contribute to strategic planning and road map development for regulatory documentation needs
- Help develop and implement scalable policies, templates, processes, tools and workflows to solve complex regulatory documentation issues, manage risk, and increase operational value and efficiency
- Drive accountability for ideas, deadlines and outcomes with the team and with stakeholders with little to no direct involvement from leadership
- Adapt to different working styles to create successful collaborations
- Rapidly identify, analyze and address complicated issues, and distill that complexity into simple and concise communication to influence outcomes in cross-functional settings
- BS/BA degree
- 7+ years of information governance and privacy experience
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills
- Experience in global privacy laws, including GDPR and CCPA, and industry regulations and guidelines
- Experience with privacy and/or compliance technology and tools
- Experience working with cross-functional counterparts to achieve a common goal
- Experience coordinating a variety of audiences, including legal, technical and project management
- Privacy or Information Governance Certification
- Professional services background including client consulting experience
- In-house technology company experience and experience adapting quickly in diverse, evolving environments
- Strategic thinker with analytical and problem-solving experience
- Experience working under pressure, both individually and in a team environment
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Submission Information:
Please apply at: https://www.facebook.com/careers/jobs/1457225214437006/