The Privacy Regional Privacy Officer, EMEA Operations is a member of the Privacy and Data Governance Team. The Privacy Regional Privacy Officer, EMEA Operations is located either in Nanterre, France, Rotterdam, The Netherlands, or Chertsey. UK and support primarily the EMEA region with Privacy and Data Governance related matters.
The Regional Privacy Officer, EMEA Operations reports to the ADP Chief Privacy Officer and is responsible to operationalize privacy compliance programs in EMEA in cooperation with (i) the EMEA Business, and (ii) the Legal and Compliance teams in EMEA. The Regional Privacy Officer, EMEA Operations is also responsible to address policy and compliance issues to achieve an appropriate level of compliance with data protection laws in the EMEA region. Activities include:
Detailed Position Description:
- Conducting privacy risk and impact assessments,
- Evaluating the impact of contractual and regulatory privacy and security requirements on business practices,
- Analyzing the privacy and security implications of new products and services and offering guidance on ways to minimize privacy compliance risks,
- Supporting the Privacy team and the rest of the organization, including Privacy Stewards in EMEA, in order to implement the various action plans defined by ADP to comply with GDPR and BCR,
- Setting-up a process to ensure that trans-border data flows are authorized,
- Assisting with developing privacy awareness of ADP associates in EMEA,
- Assisting with incident response, including security breach notifications,
- Monitoring for legal developments, such as new laws or regulatory guidance, and providing analysis of same as needed to the business units,
- In coordination with the Privacy Engineer of the Privacy team, supporting the role out of Privacy By Design within EMEA,
- Supporting the business unit attorneys with respect to privacy issues in contract negotiations and client relationships.
- Collaborates effectively with the various business units and corporate functions in EMEA and develop strong working relationships within those groups,
- Collaborates effectively with the Regional Privacy Officer, EMEA Regulatory Compliance who also reports to the Chief Privacy Officer,
- Participate and Contribute to any business initiatives requiring input from Privacy Team in EMEA and deliver against agreed outcomes,
- Support marketing and sales operations initiatives, including the review of marketing materials, sales collateral, training, and other contents as it relates to Privacy,
- Demonstrates leadership in execution,
- Supports ADP Chief Privacy Officer and the rest of the Privacy and Data Governance team with any questions related to EMEA.
- Coordinates with the ADP Chief Privacy Officer in order to align Privacy Compliance programs.
- Coordinates with Policy, Communications and Training team on privacy policies, communication and training.
- Stays abreast of regulatory requirements and industry developments.
- Supports business units in improving privacy practices identified from risk assessment and compliance activities.
- Provides subject matter expertise to support GSO teams, including Technical Security Services and Client Security Management Office.
- Manages complex, sensitive privacy initiatives.
- Participates as required as Privacy Team representative in internal meetings, client meetings, and industry events.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- 15+ years’ experience in Privacy, Risk, and Governance environment, with deep knowledge and experience of operationalizing privacy and data protection frameworks, principles and compliance programs.
- Law degree and any other requirements to practice law in France, the Netherlands or the United Kingdom required.
- CIPP, CISSP and/or CISM preferred.
- Fluent in English and potentially another language such as French, Dutch, Spanish or German.
Application Submission Information: