What You Will Do
- Represent a diverse group of global clients on domestic and international legal issues related to cybersecurity and privacy.
- Collaborate with other stakeholders to manage security and privacy incident preparedness, investigation, communication, and remediation.
- Collaborate with security, engineering, safety, and litigation teams on legal guardrails for data security issues and opportunities.
- Research and track global cybersecurity and privacy legislation, evolving regulations, and enforcement and translating that into practical advice.
- Assist business and engineering teams on incorporating privacy and security by design into products/services and adopting innovative privacy and security solutions from inception to end-of-life.
- Create and presenting engaging training and awareness content.
- Further develop Uber’s legal notices, policies, playbooks, and other materials supporting Uber’s privacy and cybersecurity programs.
- Contribute to our ongoing mission to drive Uber’s efforts to be a trusted steward of our users’ personal data in every market where Uber operates.
What You Will Need
- J. D. with a minimum of 5+ years of legal experience, including 3+ years experience with privacy and/or cybersecurity law.
- Active membership in at least one U.S. state bar.
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage a diverse and complex workload while maintaining priorities and proactively anticipating issues.
- Consistent good judgment and ability to apply legal knowledge to help create practical business solutions.
- Flexibility, a positive attitude, a sense of humor and ability to constructively manage change.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of international cybersecurity and privacy laws, particularly in the US and EU.
- In-house legal experience preferred, particularly in connection with technology platforms.
- CIPP certification preferred.
Application Submission Information: