ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
We are seeking an experienced and motivated program manager with 3-5 years of proven privacy program management experience to join our dynamic privacy team. The successful candidate will be located in Kirkland, WA, Santa Clara, CA, or Pleasanton, CA reporting to the Head of Global Data Privacy. The position will be primarily responsible for providing privacy guidance to the organization and liaising with their counterparts in Engineering, Security and GRC. This is a singular opportunity to play a pivotal role on ServiceNow’s expanding privacy team and to work on challenging privacy issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
What you get to do in this role:
- Provide privacy guidance and support to various departments, including global marketing, procurement, product teams, sales, human resources and the governance, risk and compliance team.
- Implement and maintain a privacy review process including establishing and managing tools and documentation.
- Implement and maintain a privacy by design program
- Implement and maintain a privacy champions program
- Assist in creating and maintaining privacy related notices, policies, standards, guidelines and processes, including privacy reviews and privacy impact assessments.
- Develop and administer privacy training for various groups within the company.
- Assist with administering annual compliance reviews.
- Continually reassess the company’s privacy practices in light of changes in the law.
- Assist with M&A due diligence in the area of privacy.
- Respond to privacy-related customer/public inquiries.
To be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Undergraduate degree from highly regarded schools.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in a privacy department of a technology company.
- CIPP or CIPM certification.
- Substantive and demonstrated expertise in privacy and data protection laws.
- International experience and working knowledge of global data transfer mechanisms, including Privacy Shield and Binding Corporate Rules.
- Experience conducting privacy reviews and privacy impact assessments.
- A demonstrated practical, real world, collaborative approach to problem solving with the ability to make sound decisions and exercise good judgement.
- Ability to assess risk and provide concise business-focused legal advice.
- Demonstrated experience with SaaS and PaaS a plus.
- Excellent program management and communication skills with the ability to foster relationships and collaborate with internal clients.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion.
- Excellent negotiation and persuasion skills
- Strong customer orientation
- Ability to learn and make decisions independently
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Application Submission Information: