At Holt Renfrew our mission is to present exceptional experiences together with the finest luxury products for life’s every day and extraordinary moments. Every Holt Renfrew employee enables this mission and defines the luxury lifestyle shopping experience through building lasting relationships with our people, customers and partners.
We are seeking a Privacy Officer who will be responsible for developing and leading Holt Renfrew’s privacy, anti-spam and data protection program with the goal of ensuring compliance with all applicable legislation.
The Privacy Officer will also be responsible for guiding the company on personal identifiable information and data protection by design, records of processing activities, profiling, uses of sensitive personal information, security of processing, cyber security and notification and communication of data breaches.
The ideal candidate will possess exceptional judgment and business acumen, will have in depth knowledge of Canadian (both provincial and federal) data protection, anti-spam and privacy laws and practices; experience with leading and managing data protection programs; an understanding of systems, data and processes; familiarity with privacy and security risk assessments and effective management of customer-related data. In addition, the candidate must have CIPP/C certification.
- Build upon and manage the company’s existing privacy, anti-spam and data protection risk management and compliance framework, with a strong focus on cyber security.
- Develop a comprehensive data governance and anti-spam approach including defining and implementing standards, policies, procedures, training and guiding principles to ensure compliance.
- Monitor changes in Canadian privacy, anti-spam and data protection laws and regulations to drive company adaptation and compliance, including all required provincial specifics.
- Serves as the company’s subject matter expert on all privacy and data protection laws and regulations nationally.
- Advise the senior executive team by assessing current practices and identifying risks, developing solutions and risk mitigation strategies.
- Develop a clear and accurate approach to privacy, anti-spam and data breach reporting, and a cadence for sharing key information with business stakeholders.
- Act as a subject matter expert on key projects where data protection and privacy must be considered and/or managed.
- Establish a mechanism to track the methods of employee and customer data information held by the company, and ensure the right level of measures are in place to protect the data.
- Develop and facilitate privacy, anti-spam and data protection communications and training that increases awareness and decreases risk.
- Collaborate with the Information Technology department to ensure system integration of and alignment with cyber security, privacy and data protection practices.
- Oversee creation of data protection impact assessments as part of internal audit activities and shares reporting with appropriate stakeholders.
- Audit key data protection and privacy measures for the company’s third party vendors.
- In coordination with the company’s Legal Department, liaise with all regulatory authorities related to privacy and data protection.
The ideal candidate:
- Post-secondary degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Canadian privacy law (provincial and national) and anti-spam law supported by minimum 7 years of data governance or management related experience at a senior level in privacy area of a retail environment (preferred) or with an organization where oversight of customer data has been a focus.
- CIPP certification is required. CIPM and/or CIPT certification(s) would be assets.
- Strong project management skills, including ability to think end-to-end and manage multiple priorities/projects simultaneously for multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to influence and drive senior internal and external stakeholders to a decision.
- Ability to simplify complex concepts appropriate to audience.
- Adaptable and comfortable with ambiguity and change.
- Excellent analytical capabilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; a team player who is able to act as both a leader and an individual contributor as required.
- Confident and effective communicator.
- Extensive Excel and PowerPoint experience.
- French language (written and spoken) would be considered an asset.
The measures of success:
- Contribution to financial objectives
- Individual objectives linked to the achievement of department goals
- Feedback from internal and external clients
Application Submission Information: