The eHealth Centre of Excellence works with clinicians to improve the quality of patient care through the effective use of innovative technologies. The Centre’s founding vision is one of innovation and partnership: to create a collaborative space in which to share knowledge, develop best practices and enable technology to support improved clinical care. Critical to the success of eHealth initiatives is working with system partners to support priorities that ensure the best case for the residents of Waterloo Wellington.
Reporting to the Program Managers, the Privacy Lead will oversee activities related to the development, implementation, and coordination of privacy and security framework, and policies associated with the Programs that are the focus of eHealth Centre of Excellence. This role will actively participate in provincial, regional and local program privacy committees. The Privacy Lead will provide leadership to and manage the sharing of information and lessons learned across all eCE programs.
The Privacy Lead will collaborate, influence and engage with external stakeholders to assist in compliance with privacy requirements, monitor privacy related processes and develop and lead program policies that ensure timely authorization of local stakeholders to access digital health assets. In addition, the Privacy Lead will provide guidance to the programs and local teams regarding implementation of the framework, privacy issues and training, when appropriate assisting in compliance monitoring, troubleshooting, and identify any concerns to the Program Managers.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage the development, refinement and distribution of the privacy frameworks and ensure alignment with necessary legislation
- Work with the Program Managers and teams to identify the sequencing and scheduling of privacy and security requirements to support implementation and planning for program expansion
- Provide oversight to the training of users on the specific issues, requirements, policies and processes to ensure that the use of digital health information assets is in accordance with provincial and federal privacy guidelines.
- Participate, contribute and provide leadership to regional working group structures to support collaboration, development and execution regionally based processes and standards.
- Anticipate and identify privacy and security risks and issues during program planning and implementation, and work with the Program teams to develop mitigation strategies to address these potential risks and issues
- Advise team members and stakeholders on the key elements for implementing effective privacy capabilities and practices
- Develop standard agreements that can be leveraged by all teams (e.g. Privacy agreements, Data sharing agreements, and Participation agreements)
- Support the integration of standards and agreements
- Provide information on privacy impact assessments, deployment of privacy policies, and up-to-date information on privacy matters
- Oversee standardized auditing and reporting processes, to ensure compliance across delivery partners
- Work with eHealth Ontario and other regional stakeholders when supporting health service providers in the interpretation of regional privacy requirements
- Act as a single point of contact to field questions and investigate concerns regarding adherence to privacy and consent polices and standards
- Conduct regular assessment, audits, and reporting on privacy risks associated with program services
- Ensure alignment with standards to obtain, store, and communicate individual's consent to share information
- Provide regular updates to Program Managers and project teams, as required
- Challenge assumptions and encourage open dialogue to identify possibilities and seek alignment
- Other duties as assigned
Experience, Skills & Qualifications:
- University degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration or equivalent
- Information Privacy Professional/Canada (CIPP/C)
- Expertise leading the privacy requirements of a Health Information Network Provider (HINP) or equivalent
- Minimum five years of equivalent experience in a similar role
- Detailed understanding of privacy related provincial and federal laws and regulations
- Demonstrated experience quickly building and maintaining effective and productive working relationships in complex, multi-stakeholder healthcare environments
- Demonstrated experience working on projects related to health informatics at the regional and provincial level is an asset
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in health care, in relationship to privacy requirements and best practise will be preferred
- Familiarity of eHealth Ontario privacy requirements would be an asset;
- Familiarity of eHealth Ontario security requirements and security due diligence activities would be an asset
- Demonstrated experience in resolving conflict and successfully building consensus
- Demonstrated experience organizing and maintaining effective project documentation
- Demonstrated experience working in cross functional project teams
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a diverse and fluid working environment recognizing that different opinions and backgrounds can bring strength to the tasks at hand
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to communicate privacy related information effectively and clearly to a wide variety of stakeholders and audiences
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis
- Ability to travel throughout Ontario
Application Submission Information:
If this position is of interest to you, please submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The CFFM Care Innovations team is a respectful and inclusive workplace. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com for assistance.
We thank all interested applicants; however, due to the volume of resumes we receive only those selected for an interview will be contacted.