BakerHostetler has an immediate opening for a Privacy & Data Protection Associate with technology contract negotiation and privacy and data security experience. The right candidate for this position could operate out of the Houston, Philadelphia, DC, NY or Cincinnati office. This role as part of our leading Privacy & Data Protection team includes:
- Negotiating master service agreements and statements of work for engaging forensic firms to assist clients in security incident response matters;
- Negotiating a variety of service provider and technology contracts on behalf of clients across all industries, both on behalf of purchasers and suppliers, including contracts related to purchasing security tools and services, point-of-sale applications, business associate agreements, and a wide range of cloud services;
- Working with clients to develop vendor engagement risk management practices and negotiating strategies for vendor engagement;
- Analyzing contracts to assess indemnification, representation and warranty, audit and access rights, limitation of liability and other terms implicated by security incidents to assist clients in security incident response matters; and Evaluating key contracts during due diligence related to transactions.
- Law degree and appropriate state bar admission required;
- 3-6 years of technology contract experience; privacy and security experience a plus;
- Payments and experience a plus;
- Able to keep multiple projects moving forward effectively;
- Able to interact with a variety of clients and a variety of positions at clients; and
- Must be able to work within a team environment and communicate clearly and precisely, both orally and in writing, with client and other team members.
Application Submission Information:
Please email resume and cover letter to HOURecruiting@bakerlaw.com. Baker & Hostetler LLP is an equal opportunity employer.