An exciting role for an experienced privacy professional to be a part of a global team focusing on privacy compliance across all of the Thomson Reuters businesses. With a global reach across over 100 countries, and multiple business lines, this is a diverse and challenging role which offers the opportunity to work with colleagues in both the Legal function and the businesses to develop and implement Thomson Reuters’ privacy governance model.
The role involves helping to drive and embed the Thomson Reuters privacy programme across business lines to achieve compliance with internal policies and personal data related laws and regulations in the region, to provide expert advice and guidance to the various areas and functions on the on-going implementation of data privacy policies and procedures, and to help oversee compliance.
- Working within the Global Privacy Office, as the APAC lead, to develop, implement, support and advise on the data privacy programme including the GDPR compliance programme - Privacy Matters.
- Provide subject matter expert assistance and support to colleagues in the APAC region on data privacy matters, and manage a wide range of privacy related issues.
- Work collaboratively to develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders within the business and Legal function to promote privacy compliance within the businesses whilst enabling commercial opportunities and supporting them in improving privacy practices.
- Support, as a point of escalation, the privacy issues in contract negotiations with clients and vendor relationships including documentation such as data processing agreements and data transfer agreements.
- Assist with data breach notification obligations and actions including to lead or assist (as required) with data incident management, including breach notifications as may be required.
- Monitor for relevant developments, new laws, regulations, guidance, etc. undertake review and provide timely analysis to key stakeholders e.g. impacted business leaders, TSO, etc.
- Assist with policy and process development and reviews to ensure compliance with data privacy obligations across jurisdictions.
- Participate as required in internal meetings, client meetings, and industry events.
- Deliver training and awareness in support of the broader privacy programme including the provision of bespoke ad-hoc training as requested to improve local knowledge and expertise to drive the formation of privacy champion networks.
- Assess and advise on the mitigation of data risks in new products and services including those risks generated by trans-border data flows and any additional requirements under local privacy law(s), through the Privacy Impact Assessments and Privacy by Default/ Design.
- Assist in producing position papers and related materials as required.
- Help to solve privacy related problems that impact the business
- Contribute to the development and execution of both functional and operational strategy
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Working as part of the Global Privacy Office with colleagues within the Legal function and across the businesses, including engaging with external counsel, consultants, industry bodies and other experts.
Essential Skills/Experience Required
- Excellent working knowledge of APAC data protection laws and of privacy laws outside of the APAC region more generally, and an interest in new technologies.
- The ability to work in a complex and evolving business and legal environment with multiple priorities
- Experience working autonomously, making sound judgments and providing appropriate recommendations
- Adaptability and ability to devise pragmatic solutions
- Multi-jurisdictional experience, with sound knowledge of the privacy regimes in region.
- Clear and concise communication skills, both written and oral.
Desired Skills/Experience Required
- A team player, with the ability to work collaboratively and with limited supervision
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Organised and efficient time management
- The ability to navigate a complex matrix organization and to communicate effectively and influence decision makers
- At least 5 years’ experience in privacy and data protection compliance.
- Privacy and data protection related qualifications desired.
Application Submission Information: