Privacy Counsel in Abbott’s global Legal Regulatory and Compliance department, which supports all of Abbott’s businesses on legal topics relating to the privacy, data protection and cyber security of Abbott’s product offerings, from product development, government inquiries, data incident management, R&D to digital health product and marketing practices.
Detailed Position Description:
Responsible for counseling on privacy, data protection and cyber security laws, regulations, and guidance documents with respect to complex regulatory and legal issues relating to the development, approval, and marketing of diagnostic testing products and medical devices; development of digital health privacy strategies, product cybersecurity; lifecycle management; as well as inspectional and product safety and quality issues.
Privacy Counsel, LRC:
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams and counsels a variety of clients across Abbott’s medical device and diagnostic businesses on moderately complex legal privacy issues, such as: product design, digital strategies, patient complaints, government inquiries and marketing practices.
- Resolves routine and moderately complex to complex legal privacy matters with minimal supervision.
- Provides counseling with regards to data processing and other similar privacy and data protection agreements.
- Keeps abreast of changes in laws and regulations that may impact the design and market introduction of Abbott’s product offerings and identifies opportunities to influence content and engages in external influencing efforts.
- Interacts and provides legal and strategic guidance to management and functional organizational leadership.
- Helps select and directs the work of outside counsel, defines project objectives and manages project to ensure the work, strategy and costs meet Abbott’s expectations.
- Provides legal guidance with regards to data security incidents.
- Conducts regulatory due diligence in connection with potential M&A or other business transactions.
- Advises multiple Abbott businesses and functions on legal privacy matters.
- Advises Managers, Directors and other management.
- Advises legal department managers of significant project developments and complex legal privacy issues.
- Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school; strong academic background; admitted to a US state bar in good standing; appropriate licensure to practice law.
- Compliance, scientific or technical degree not required, but desirable.
- Generally, 5+ years of experience and demonstrated expertise in providing legal counseling on diagnostic and medical device privacy matters with a major corporation or law firm; device cybersecurity proficiency is desirable; government experience is also beneficial.
- Must have demonstrated ability to influence others, to perform successfully in cross-functional teams.
- Must have ability to handle multiple projects in fast-paced environment and exercise sound commercial and legal judgment.
- Successful candidates are team players and servant leaders who not only possess top-notch legal skills, but display excellent interpersonal, strategic thinking, communication and organizational skills.
Application Submission Information:
More details and application are available at: Counsel, Privacy, LRC (US/Europe) job | Abbott Laboratories United States job in United States - Illinois - Abbott Park (jobs.abbott)