The Privacy Compliance Manager manages assigned compliance functions for the Company and supports the development, implementation, and maintenance of a regulatory compliance program through compliance activities across various lines of business, banking offices, and operating departments. The Privacy Compliance Manager Interacts with senior management in assigned areas, developing, revising, and implementing policies and procedures to ensure compliance with privacy applicable laws and regulations. The job employs various software applications and desktop tools to consolidate reported data and analyze information to detect potential privacy issues and concerns. The Compliance Manager supports the Chief Privacy Officer (CPO) and Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) in ensuring the Bank’s compliance with all applicable federal rules and regulations.
- Conducts regulatory research that may involve internal or outside counsel or third party assistance.
- Stays current on regulatory changes, and changes to CRM mandates and internal policies and procedures to understand impact and ensure compliance review procedures are updated as appropriate.
- Works closely with management of other areas within Compliance Risk Management as well as routinely interacts and maintains highly effective partnerships with line of business management and staff.
- Prepares reports of findings and presents to senior compliance and business line management, as well as heads of compliance units as applicable.
- Provides assistance, support and management of other projects as assigned.
- Serves as primary privacy compliance contact and coordinates the privacy compliance function for assigned line of business through the development and monitoring of compliance programs within the larger compliance framework developed.
- Manages vendor management process for any vendors utilized by assigned team.
- Oversees the planning, creation and maintenance of Corporate compliance database(s) to collect, manage and report information required by management.
- May manage the resolution of compliance-related problems encountered by various areas of the Company as related to the most critical laws and regulations.
- Serves as initial reviewer/approver of assigned business line self-monitoring work papers.
- Identifies and analyzes issues to determine root causes.
- Identifies and analyzes privacy events, breaches and issues to determine root causes and resolve.
- Assists in the review of conversion/merger issues and develops any notices and/or disclosures necessitated by the conversion/merger.
Must be eligible for employment under regulatory standards applicable to the position.
- Bachelor’s degree or progressive work experience required in addition to experience below
- 5-7 years related experience required
- Broad working knowledge of privacy laws and regulations
- Certified Information Privacy Professional(CIPP) preferred
- Working knowledge of HIPAA regulation preferred
- Demonstrated ability to develop project plans and independently coordinate and complete projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including a demonstrated ability to clearly provide written reports that accurately and clearly summarize issues and present solutions in an understandable and logical manner
- Ability to influence others’ actions and decisions without express authority
- Ability to analyze complex laws and regulations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office other utility applications (e.g., Adobe Acrobat)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Access
- Advanced knowledge of database programming languages
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Application Submission Information:
Privacy Compliance Manager #212685BR