At LifeLabs, we are focused on our vision of building a healthier Canada! We are the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada with over 350 collection centres, 16 laboratories and service over 19 million patients each year.
Caring, Agile, Customer Driven, One Team - We live our values every day in what we do to help our patients and healthcare providers. With over 5,000 employees, we all make a difference and that’s why our people are so important to us.
- Provide privacy consulting services to various projects and teams within LifeLabs by reviewing project documentation to ensure privacy requirements are embedded in the project design.
- Conduct privacy assessments on LifeLabs IT systems, projects and programs.
- Review/update policies and standard operating procedures.
- Assist or lead the investigation of privacy breaches and patient incidents.
- Monitoring alerts generated through LifeLabs Monitoring solution and take appropriate actions.
- Investigate and draft responses to privacy complaints and inquiries,
- Draft briefing notes for internal and external stakeholders, including the Board of Directors and regulatory authorities in response to privacy breach investigations/complaints
- Handle Insurance inquiries/requests
- Undergraduate Degree, if College Diploma then at least 5 yrs of experience;
- CIPP/C is preferred, CIRM is an asset
- 2-5 years of relevant experience
- Basic knowledge of health care privacy legislations such as Personal Health Information Protection Act in Ontario and Personal Information Protection Act in British Columbia.
- Advanced skills of Microsoft Office, particularly PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Experience with Enterprise Risk Management and related activities (risk review, assessment and tracking)
- Strong analytical and investigative skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Application Submission Information:
Apply via our website: