Successfully support the Department of Homeland Security in ensuring that privacy considerations and protections are comprehensively integrated into DHS programs, policies and procedures.
- Privacy Compliance; FOIA Processing Support; Privacy and Policy Oversight.
- Review Privacy Compliance documentation, including Privacy Threshold Analysis (PTAs), Social Media Operational Use Templates (SMOUTs), System of Record Notices (SORNs), and Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs).
- Review and analyze operational and proposed Component systems in order to identify real/potential privacy risks, and develop mitigation strategies.
- Manage the editorial process, including the drafting, review, and revision of Component Privacy Office Compliance documentation.
- Establishing timelines and deadlines to ensure that coverage is in place before a program goes live, or in the case of already operational systems, the Authority to Operate expires.
- Facilitate communications/workflow between senior Component-level Privacy personnel and the DHS Privacy Office.
- Identify Compliance gaps and define requirements to ensure that Components/programs/systems are compliant with DHS privacy policies, procedures, and legal statutes.
- Establish Component/programmatic priorities.
- Provide guidance on remediation/courses of action.
- Provide staff-level support to the Compliance Director and Chief Privacy Officer during inter-Agency meetings.
Other work assignments may include:
- Evaluating DHS programs and activities for compliance with privacy and disclosure laws
- Drafting guidance and issue papers related to privacy and the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
- Conduct documents analysis
- Assisting with privacy complaints and incidents in accordance with federal and DHS privacy policies and procedures
- Processing FOIA and Privacy Act Requests
- Review Privacy Impact Assessments and System of Record Notices
- Attending meetings with Senior level Privacy Office officials
- Providing conference and meeting support.
- Bachelor degree from accredited college or university required
- Prior experience with Privacy Compliance
- CIPP Certification a plus
- 4+ years of experience
- Applicants selected must have a completed NACLC investigation and corresponding active DoD clearance
Application Submission Information:
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org