Privacy Specialist – North America. Reporting to the Global Privacy Officer of Allegis Group, Inc. the Privacy Specialist- North America will support the newly formed Data Privacy Office by working closely with the Global Privacy Officer, who is based in the Allegis Group world headquarters office in Hanover, MD, the Privacy Officers in each of EMEA and APAC and the Privacy Analysts working in the Allegis Group Operating Companies in the US and Canada. The Global Privacy Office is part of the Legal Department and is based in Hanover, MD.
This position is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic organization and industry and be a part of supporting the establishment of the new Allegis Group Data Privacy Office. All candidates must be eager to learn and demonstrate energy and a need for achievement. The position will be responsible for implementing strategies developed in conjunction with the Global Privacy Officer to support responsible and compliant uses of data, including drafting and implementing policies and procedures, training employees, assisting with compliance efforts regarding the Company’s cross border transfer mechanisms, performing privacy impact assessments, assisting with data mapping exercises, coordinating a data protection program related to vendor due diligence, performing contract drafting and review of data protection terms and conditions in vendor, employee and customer agreements, conducting assessments and audits related to the Company’s data protection program and staying current and advising internal stakeholders on data protection developments. The position will assist in coordinating the efforts of the Privacy Analysts in each of the Company’s Operating Companies in the US and Canada.
The ideal candidate will also have knowledge/experience in one or more of the following areas: the staffing/outsourcing industry, information technology (IT), information security, global data protection, or privacy law. CIPP, CIPM or similar certification(s) preferred but not required.
EXPERIENCE: The successful candidate will have a minimum of three (3) years of experience, including substantive work in any one or more of the following areas: legal practice, information technology, information security or privacy and data protection in a fast-paced environment. Experience in and the ability to perform the work in the areas identified below are critical.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and desire to forge a new position in a new department;
- Self-directed individual with the ability to learn quickly and work with a broad range of internal stakeholders across multiple departments and multiple Operating Companies;
- Eagerness to jump in and develop business practical solutions to complex data protection challenges;
- General knowledge of data risk management concepts;
- Experience with or exposure to global data protection regimes and compliance requirements or a demonstrated ability to learn such areas quickly;
- Working knowledge of technology platforms and data flows, including cloud and mobile devices;
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing business processes and work efficiently under tight deadlines;
- Demonstrated ability to draft, review and amend contracts with strong problem-solving skills;
- Attention to detail and the ability to ramp-up quickly in new environments and teams;
- Ability to adapt to conflicting ad hoc deadlines and priorities and deadline demands by controlling the daily management of multiple simultaneous workload requests;
- Willingness to pursue appropriate privacy certifications during employment (e.g., CIPP-US, CIPP-C and CIPM);
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to customize messages for a variety of internal and external audiences. Candidate must be able to correspond in a professional manner with business personnel and customers.
RELOS: No. Prefer local candidates.
BAR: Not required
Application Submission Information: respond to firstname.lastname@example.org or https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/cap/view/369379915/?pathWildcard=369379915&trk=job_capjs