The incumbent interacts with BC Housing’s CEO, Vice-Presidents and senior management to provide advice on complex and sensitive matters, and develops effective trust-based working relationships with the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner, the Office of the Ombudsperson, the Human Rights Tribunal Commission, and other government entities to facilitate the resolution of issues.
- Bachelor degree or diploma in a related discipline supplemented by industry recognized professional courses, such as IAPP certification.
- Considerable experience processing FOI requests of varied complexity, completing Privacy Impact Assessments, including for complex Information Technology (IT) systems and environments, completing Information Sharing Agreements and handling complaints of varied complexity.
- Considerable experience in communicating with senior level staff, organizations such as the OO, the Human Rights tribunal, the OIPC, and clients
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Extensive knowledge of freedom of information, privacy and human rights legislation
- In depth knowledge and understanding of BC Housing’s business operations
- Demonstrable expertise in analysing the requirements of FIPPA and the impact of OIPC decisions
- Basic knowledge of IT Security
- Ability to plan and manage the development and implementation of a complaint resolution program in accordance with legislation and business requirements
- Ability to chair review and appeal committees
- Ability to communicate clearly, in both spoken and written communications, and provide complex and sensitive information where there may be significant barriers to acceptance
- Well-honed problem solving skills, and ability to analyze and solve issues and make effective decisions in a results-oriented environment
- Proven communication, facilitation and negotiation skills
- Ability to build strong and trusting relationships with BC Housing executive, managers and staff, the OIPC, the Human Rights tribunal and other government agencies
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, and utilize diplomacy and tact in dealing with confidential matters
- Effective organizational, planning and project management skills
- Effective leadership, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to be flexible and have excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to analyze and solve issues and make effective decisions in a results-oriented environment
- Effective negotiation, conflict resolution, problem solving and consensus building skills
Please Note: Successful applicant(s) are subject to a satisfactory criminal record search and are required to maintain Security Clearance throughout their employment.
Please visit www.bchousing.org to view the detailed Job Description for the position
Application Submission Information:
Interested candidates: please submit an online application at https://www.bchousing.org.
Please note: This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.