The Banking, Operations, Commerce and Global Risk Division of the Wells Fargo Law Department provides legal advice and support to Wells Fargo lines of businesses on an enterprise-level basis. Our scope of responsibility includes regulatory compliance and operational risk management in data privacy, information security, cybersecurity, security incident response, technology, eCommerce (e.g., online banking), mobile commerce (e.g., mobile banking), social media, records management and vendor management. The Paralegal 3 professional will support attorneys who primarily provide legal counsel on data privacy and information securities matters. Secondary areas of support include eCommerce and technology.
Working at the direction of supervising attorneys, the paralegal’s responsibilities and duties will include the following:
- Research federal, state, and international laws and regulations related to data security, information security and privacy, including laws related to compromised data and security breach incidents. Additional substantive areas may include laws and regulations related to online marketing, social media, eCommerce and technology.
- Monitor, digest, and develop written summaries of proposed and enacted legislation, regulations, court decisions, industry guidelines, trade journals, and other relevant publications in privacy, cybersecurity, information security, and technology.
- Develop educational and training materials for Law Department business client groups and other divisions of the Law Department.
- Guide and support lines of business on legal and regulatory requirements related to compromised data incidents, privacy and cybersecurity.
- Provide support for development and maintenance of template contracts regarding confidentiality, privacy, and data security (including Business Associate Agreements), and contract user guides designed for use by other legal teams within the Law Department or clients.
- Manage the team’s Outlook mailboxes regarding the submission of matters to the team by clients. Assist with the administration and management of work streams.
- Review marketing materials for consumer, business and wholesale online and mobile services and products.
- Interface directly with attorneys, business managers, and compliance and risk managers.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
This position will be located in any of the following cities: Charlotte, NC; Minneapolis, MN; San Francisco, CA; Los Angeles, CA; or Des Moines, IA
- 6+ years of paralegal experience
- 3+ years of focused practice in a concentrated area of law
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Strong research skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Ability to work independently, proactively, innovatively, and creatively while exercising sound judgment
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Comfortable with technology and an active user of online or mobile banking solutions
- Paralegal certification may be required in some states
Application Submission Information:
Job ID - 5355243