CWB Financial Group is seeking a Manager, Privacy & Regulatory Risk to combine regulatory and risk management expertise and financial services experience to support the development, implementation, and maintenance of various CWB Financial Group compliance programs, including privacy, consumer protection (FCAC), deposit insurance (CDIC), and outsourcing. The successful individual will serve as a subject matter expert who guides the organization in the establishment, monitoring/testing, and subsequent improvement of controls used to mitigate regulatory compliance risk.
- Design and executive effective monitoring and testing strategies and applying effective challenge to identify compliance issues, which can then be remediated lessening the financial risks to the organization.
- Be the subject matter expert across a number of disparate regulatory areas, becoming the primary point of contact and technical expert on various compliance program requirements.
- Develop and continuously improve upon training materials meant to inform the organization’s employees about regulatory obligations and risk management controls.
- Own and improve upon the organization’s breach intake resolution process. Guide first line business units in the investigation and remediation of privacy incidents. Recommend, and monitor first line implementation of, improvements meant to prevent incidents from reoccurring.
- Act as a consumer advocate in the investigation and resolution of customer complaints elevated to CWB Financial Group’s Complaint Handling Office. Propose solutions that work for the business and our customers. Hold the organization accountable to a standard of fairness and integrity.
- Participate in industry and professional associations.
- Represent Regulatory Compliance on various business committees
- Assist Regulatory Compliance leadership in the strategic maintenance of risk-based frameworks, policies, guidelines meant to ensure compliance with OSFI Guideline E-13.
- Monitor evolving legislation, court/regulatory decisions, and industry best practices to ensure that the organization adequately manages regulatory compliance risk.
- Collaborate with business units on projects applying analytical skills to identify compliance issues and problem solving techniques to propose creative solutions to address identified compliance issues.
- Maintain and continuously improve upon department procedures and tools meant to support regulatory reporting and organizational KPI and KRI reporting
- Administer and improve upon the organization’s outsourcing program and complaints handling program
- Assess regulatory reporting requirements and ensure that requirements are completed properly and on-time.
- Develop tools to standardize the advice given to CWB Group businesses (privacy impact assessments, risk frameworks)
- Undergraduate university degree in business or law.
- Industry certifications in privacy compliance (CIPP/C or equivalent) or risk management (CRM or equivalent) are strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of privacy management (including CASL and DNCL requirements), regulatory compliance and/or risk management, preferably in the financial services sector.
- Experience interpreting financial services laws and regulations.
- Experience monitoring adherence to policies and procedures.
- Experience with regulators would be an asset.
- Advanced ability to simplify complex issues and implement functional solutions.
- Advanced ability to analyze and interpret legislation.
- High attention to detail.
- Advanced interpersonal skills necessary to build and maintain effective relationships.
- Advanced investigative skills.
- Ability to work with highly confidential information with professionalism and discretion.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Ability to draft policies, procedures and processes.
CWB is an equal opportunity employer. We are motivated by the new perspectives diversity can bring to our workforce. Inclusion and advocacy for a diverse organization can bring excellence at all levels of our business. Regardless of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other factors unrelated to job performance, we are looking for difference makers. We are committed to providing equitable treatment to all employees and job applicants.
Application Submission Information: