The Manager, ORM, will work under the direction of the Director, Privacy Program, Easterseals Bay Area, to support the Vision, Values and Mission of Easterseals. In this role, you will have the opportunity to grow and deepen your knowledge of developing, growing and managing a privacy, compliance and risk program.
Travel is an essential part of the job to ensure the development of close, strategic and collaborative relationships across all Easterseals Hawaii locations and to attend Easterseals Bay Area meetings in California.
- Think logically and objectively; to analyze and evaluate facts, evidence, and related information; and arrive at sound conclusions;
- Provide risk guidance and oversight of the risk program and works cooperatively with others within ESH and ESBA to ensure continuing support and comprehension of risk/compliance/privacy responsibilities;
- Coordinate with appropriate ESH and ESBA departments and units to ensure timely development and implementation of corrective and preventive action plans in response to deficiencies and concerns identified.
- Cooperate with the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) - Office of Inspector General (OIG), the Hawaii State Authorities and other legal entities, and ESH officers in any risk/compliance/privacy reviews or investigations;
- Responding to Compliance Line inquiries and complaints;
- Other related work as assigned.
Minimum Education, Experience & Training Equivalent to:
- Bachelor's Degree required. Master’s degree or JD preferred.
- Minimum five years in healthcare privacy, compliance or risk management working with state and federal compliance laws and regulations, or auditing.
- Certification in Compliance, Privacy or Risk Management; or attained within six months.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work in an exciting, fast paced high energy environment while effectively multitasking.
- Ability to consistently demonstrate good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Must have tact, discretion, and capacity for obtaining the cooperation and confidence of others.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Sensitive to working with an ethnically, linguistically, culturally, and economically diverse population.
- A commitment to the values of the organization while demonstrating good judgment, flexibility, patience and discretion when dealing with confidential and sensitive matters.
- Knowledgeable and skilled in computer/Microsoft processing software and excel.
- Personable; able to work comfortably with individuals at all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrate adaptability and flexibility to effectively handle change.
- Excellent phone and customer services skills.
Application Submission Information:
Please visit Easterseals Hawaii’s Career Website to download application and apply: https://www.eastersealshawaii.org/careers-easterseals-hawaii