Privacy and information security are key contributors to loyalty, customer experience, and the American Express brand. Independently assessing, managing and overseeing global privacy risk is critical to the Company’s business. A successful candidate will be a privacy subject matter expert, with particular expertise in European or Asian privacy regulation.
The position reports to the Director of Global Privacy Oversight and requires a candidate who is comfortable interacting with multiple stakeholders across a highly matrixed organisation to promote privacy throughout the enterprise.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Provision of privacy risk oversight management, strategic guidance and consultation to American Express businesses, with a focus on markets outside the United States
- Supporting the development, coordination and implementation of American Express’ global privacy program
- Ensuring adherence to the enterprise privacy risk appetite globally through effective privacy oversight and second line of defence challenge
- Partnering with Compliance and other stakeholders in overseeing privacy legal/regulatory change management
- Fostering a culture of privacy at American Express by advocating for privacy-by-design, integration of the American Express Data Protection & Privacy Principles, accountability and sharing of best practices.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Application Submission Information: