The Legal Department’s vision is to advance the company's strategy, support its transformation, and effectively manage risk through a team known for collaboration, sound judgment, and proactive advice. The Northern Europe legal community supports Accor’s vision with three strategic pillars: Development and Operations, Commercial Contracts and Legal Excellence, Governance, Risk and Compliance. This position sits within the last mentioned pillar, which when filled will consist of three lawyers and one corporate housekeeper.
The Legal Counsel Will:
- Provide legal advice on Compliance matters to other departments within the Northern Europe hub and to partners and stakeholders,
- Give guidance in matters related to data protection in the broadest sense,
- Proactively conduct research on legal and regulatory developments concerning compliance in the Northern Europe region,
- Ensure appropriate documentation is in place in accordance with GDPR accountability requirements, conduct Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs/PIAs) as needed, draft and review contracts, including DPA, joint controllership agreements and other related documents,
- Help create and deliver regular training sessions on relevant topics in order to maintain a good level of awareness on the relevant subjects,
- Work closely with both the Accor Compliance Team at the Accor headquarters in Paris and with colleagues in the Southern Europe hub in order to help roll out the different Compliance programs in the Northern Europe hub,
- Interact with the Compliance Team in Paris, including the Group DPO in order to share operational insights and best practices and make proposals to improve the imbedding of the compliance program across the hubs,
- Help maintain the digital legal infrastructure by educating the business/stakeholders to make a good use of the digital tools.
- 3 + years of experience as a practicing attorney or in-house in a continental European jurisdiction with substantive knowledge in the following areas: compliance, global privacy laws, privacy enforcement, regulatory affairs, e-commerce, IT-contracts, ePrivacy regulation,
- CIPP/E and/or CIPM or comparable privacy certification (or strong willingness to obtain it) will be appreciated,
- Required Skills
- Experience in handling complex matters and delivering excellent advisory work, both verbal and in writing,
- Very good command of the English language and at least two other European languages (not necessarily Dutch),
- Experienced in articulating the business needs by asking project relevant questions,
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with proven experience in relationship building and partnering with cross border operating teams,
- Proven track-record of efficient legal project management.
- Is full time (4 days working week is negotiable),
- Is based in Schiphol Oost, remote working is possible,
- Will report to the VP Legal Excellence, Compliance, Risk and Governance,
- Offers great opportunities for professional and personal growth,
- Competitive compensation package, including employees benefit scheme.
Application Submission Information: