Prosecuting/defending trademark, copyright, trade secrets,and other IP claims and working in tech transactions.
Privacy/data security responsibilities:
Working with clients to develop privacy and information security policies, negotiating data transfer and protection agreements, including GDPR DPAs, and responding to law enforcement requests for data.
Data breach responsibilities:
Participating on a team to provide immediate and multi-pronged breach response services, including forensic investigations, crisis management, and global breach notification and reporting requirements.
The successful candidate:
- Has private law practice experience, with some experience taking responsibility for client matters (with supervision) and disciplined time entry
- Works well in a team environment; wants to be a positive contributor to a practice team
- Desires to invest in building a future with a mid-sized law firm in the South Bay
- Will have prior experience independently identifying issues and anticipating/recommending necessary next steps
- Possesses strong academic credentials
- Has strong legal and factual/investigative (internet) research skills
- Has excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must have exquisite attention to detail and accuracy
- Has a commitment to excellence
- Is a creative problem solver; has the ability to comprehend complex subjects (conceptual thinker)
- Has the desire and ability to understand technologies, for example, sensor array testing, semiconductor, programmable logic, etc.
- Has a desire to learn and grow professionally; intellectual curiosity
- Demonstrates good judgment
- Has a strong work ethic
Must be a current member of the State Bar of California.
Hoge Fenton has a strong commitment to diversity. We strive to recruit and retain a workforce that welcomes and supports the interests of women, families, and people of any age, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or gender identity/gender expression, disability, or military or veteran status.
We offer our associates a full array of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance, EAP (employee assistance program), Technology Credit Union membership, 401(k), the Gradifi student loan repayment benefit, and a no-accrual vacation policy. Our environment is collegial, collaborative, and supportive. We provide both formal and informal training opportunities and encourage professional growth, both as a lawyer and a businessperson.
Application Submission Information:
Please send a cover letter/email, resume, and a writing sample to:
No phone calls or recruiters, please