The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you’ll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
Seeking a creative and high energy attorney interested in working at the nexus of law, business, technology, data, and consumers with expertise in privacy law. Our innovation division of Allstate’s Law and Regulation department is growing to better support businesses across the enterprise and to provide practical and creative legal and business-focused counseling to Allstate’s businesses. This position will be responsible for providing consumer-focused privacy counsel and assist business areas on various data management priorities, including building a data ethics framework and maturing the data governance program.
- Deep knowledge of US and international privacy and data protection laws including GLBA, CCPA, HIPAA, and GDPR
- Experience with data management and governance issues and programs; experience with data ethics a plus
- Proven ability to navigate complex organizations and provide real time and critical business-focused legal advice for a broad range of businesses
- Anticipate legal concerns and provide creative problem solving in a dynamic business environment
- Excellent executive presence and concise verbal and written communication a must
- Play a key role in strategy determination, action planning, and communication with business partners, business units, and other areas of Law & Regulation
- Superior analytical, team building and collaboration skills
- Ability to conduct complex legal research, summarize findings concisely and determine impact of new legal authority on business
- Understanding of interaction in regulated environments between business, policy, compliance, legislative and legal frameworks
- Comfort with defining, advising on and executing goals and objectives through ambiguity in a changing business and legal landscape
- Project management skills for cross-functional work
- Ability to manage outside counsel, budgets and financial plans
We are fortunate to have a talented, engaged, and hard-working team and are looking for someone with those same qualities. You might be the right fit if:
- You thrive on advising in areas of law that are unsettled and constantly changing.
- You understand how to build new, efficient processes.
- You volunteer ideas and creative solutions.
- You are comfortable working with both a legal and business mindset simultaneously.
- Possesses a juris doctorate and a license to practice law in State of Practice and/or other states as
- Minimum 7+ years legal experience, at least 3 focused on privacy, data protection or data management and governance
The starting salary range for the position starts at $96,500 to a maximum of $174, 600
Application Submission Information:
Please apply online to www.allstate.com. From within the Careers section, apply directly to 602084 or apply directly to https://www.allstate.jobs/job/13164845/strategic-privacy-ethics-and-compliance-lead-consultant-remote-us-nationwide/