Smartsheet is looking for an outstanding team member to manage technical programs across the enterprise that will further enable Smartsheet’s Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) services for the business. You will support and collaborate with team members in all areas, developing and implementing new, and improving existing, GRC capabilities aligned with our goals. You are someone that is motivated, innovative, team-oriented and ready for both challenge and opportunity in a fast-paced growing environment.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, we deliver a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Trust is one of our core values, and as an organization, we execute that core value by maintaining and innovating on systems, processes and programs that secure our customers’ data.
This position reports to the Senior Director, Governance, Risk & Compliance located in WA state and is remote eligible.
- Manage cross-team technical programs within Smartsheet's GRC services framework to ensure alignment and continued progress towards our goals and objectives.
- Develop new and improved program management solutions for the GRC team's services, leveraging industry experience and utilizing Smartsheet products and use-cases.
- Manage a portfolio of projects aligned to the GRC team's goals, further ensuring capabilities in areas such as identity and access management, risk management, business continuity & disaster recovery, security compliance, and more.
- Develop close partnerships and collaborate across the enterprise to build constructive working relationships across all functions and alignment with the business.
- Lead communication and recommendations for program delivery and development, including with the Information Security Steering Committee and relevant sub-committees.
- Drive improved maturity and practices into the Smartsheet GRC program, including developing creative solutions to help scale and improve the program.
- Maintain a baseline knowledge of applicable security compliance frameworks (NIST, SOC 1/2/3, ISO27001, ISO27701, ISO27018, ISO27017, CSA, HiTRUST, PCI, etc.).
- Manage, create, and maintain necessary policies and procedures.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in technical program management, or project management, with focus on information security, risk management, audit, compliance, business continuity & disaster recovery, third party risk management, and/or identity & access management.
- 5+ years of relevant technical experience preferably in B2B SaaS business environments using cloud native technologies and architectures used by the SaaS industry.
- Experience with Security Compliance frameworks (NIST, SOC 1/2/3, ISO27001, ISO27701, ISO27018, ISO27017, CSA, HiTRUST, PCI, etc.).
- Experience working with organizations governed by various regulatory requirements such as sanction and export compliance, FCPA, SOX, HIPAA, and FERPA.
- Ability to work independently, with high ethical standards and integrity.
- Effective communication and presentation skills to various audiences and areas of a business.
- The desire to have significant impact in a hyper-growth environment that is rapidly defining its industry.
- Experience dealing with all levels of management and across different teams, including managing conflicts.
- Outstanding cross-group collaboration skills and proven ability to drive initiatives across organizations.
- Experience with external auditors.
Perks & Benefits:
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or Buy-up medical/vision and dental coverage options for full-time employees.
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers.
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount).
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay).
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity.
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave.
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave.
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community.
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses.
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account.
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to encouraging an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status following applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we build an inclusive environment that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, to set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be creative—join us!
Our Candidate Privacy Notice describes how Smartsheet may process your personal data, including the use of a third party provider for application submissions.
Application Submission Information:
Submit applications online: https://www.smartsheet.com/careers/position/4331289/grc-technical-program-manager.