We are looking for an experienced APJC (i.e. Asia Pacific, China and Japan) Privacy Counsel and Consultant to add value to Dell’s global privacy program and to be a strategic partner to the business and legal departments. You will ensure that Dell operates within the law and provide guidance on privacy matters. This role will directly report to Dell’s Global Privacy Counsel with a dotted line to Dell’s Global Privacy Program Director.
- Provide privacy law guidance and strategic legal advisor support to Dell’s business in the Asia Pacific, China and Japan Jurisdiction (APJC) business segments/functions
- Draft and negotiate APJC specific data protection and privacy provisions in contracts with Dell’s authorized third parties and customers as an escalation point in accordance with Dell’s legal department’s contracts approval matrix policy.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to assist in the assessment of APJC privacy regulatory risks.
- Provide smart risk based APJC privacy legal advice and develop appropriate legal solutions
- Develops, implements and enforces privacy policies and procedures for Dell’s global privacy program in accordance with applicable privacy laws and regulations
- Leads APJC privacy projects to design, build and implement an APJC privacy program
- Driving cross-functional privacy governance meetings with key stakeholders
- Initiating and reviewing Privacy Impact Assessments on internal tools, processes, products, solutions and services
- Providing advice and recommendations to the business on identified privacy risks as well as best practice sharing
- Ensuring up to date inventory of personal information assets exists along with associated data flow mappings
- Responsible for documenting data processing activities
- Creating and performing targeted privacy trainings as well as additional privacy awareness across the broader enterprise
- Leading privacy incidents and integrating lessons learned back into Dell’s global privacy program
- Develops and drives consensus around creative solutions to privacy-by-design/privacy by default challenges
- Provides input to strategic decisions that affect your area of responsibility
- Leads data subject rights requests and co-ordinates with legal partners
- Implements privacy compliance program priorities.
- Be curious – ask “Why”
- Be creative – come up with new solutions for improvement
- Be collaborative – ability to partner with privacy team, peers, legal and business partners
- A self-starter and has the ability to drive results
- Demonstrated ability to write technical reports, policies, procedures and effective communicator in presentations
- General knowledge of foundational requirements of privacy law (such as GDPR) and best practices
- Sound technical expertise on privacy risk management, GDPR and EU E-privacy Directive & Regulation
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels within the organization, influence stakeholders and drive results
- Appropriately applies judgment on smart risk taking for privacy compliance program and legal risks/issues
- Experience in managing a global privacy compliance program for a business unit/functional department
- Ability to anticipate legal compliance issues or risks and to “see around the corner”
- Sound judgement and ability to analyze situations and information
- Thrives in fast-paced environments, troubleshooting issues in real-time and overseeing multiple tasks simultaneously
- A great executor: you get the job done.
- Qualified attorney with at least 8 -10 years legal experience advising on APJ data protection laws compliance and regulatory risks management.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of APJC privacy compliance program management experience is preferred.
- IAPP U.S. or EMEA privacy certification is ideal.
- Location: Singapore, Malaysia or Australia preferred.
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Application Submission Information: