This is a new and important position at Goodyear, reflecting increasing risks associated with collecting and using PII/personal data, especially in Europe with the introduction of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in May 2018.
The successful candidate will have in-house experience of building and leading a PII/personal data privacy compliance program at a global company and/or advising global companies in relation to their data privacy compliance programs. The successful candidate will have a detailed understanding of the GDPR.
The candidate will have the opportunity:
- To have overall responsibility for Goodyear’s Global PII/Personal data protection compliance program
- To promote a culture of PII/personal data protection compliance.
- To inform and advise Goodyear and its employees about their obligations to comply with applicable data protection laws (including GDPR) through development of communication and training programs
- To provide guidance regarding policies and procedures related to international data privacy laws, regulations, and industry best practices; international cyber security laws; big data governance and structure; and cloud computing and analytics
- To advise Goodyear business process owners about global privacy and data protection requirements inherent in data processing activities and projects and assist in the development of procedural controls to protect such data
- To monitor compliance with applicable global PII/personal data protection laws (especially GDPR), including managing internal data protection activities, advising on data protection impact assessments; supporting the conduct of internal audits, and responding to incidents implicating PII/personal data.
- To maintain records of data processing activities and other necessary documentation which demonstrates compliance with applicable data protection laws/GDPR
- To be the first point of contact for supervisory authorities/regulators and for individuals whose data is processed (employees, customers, vendors etc).
- To facilitate a metrics and reporting framework to measure the efficiency and effectiveness of the privacy program, facilitate appropriate resource allocation, and increase the maturity of the privacy function
- To coordinate the use of external resources involved in the privacy program, including outside counsel, technology companies, and other advisors
To join our team you will need:
- Expertise in applicable global data protection laws and practices, including an in-depth understanding of GDPR
- Significant experience of running a Global PII/personal data protection compliance program and/or advising companies in relation to their data privacy compliance programs
- Expertise in implementing international PII/personal data transfer solutions at a global company, including Binding Corporate Rules.
- Expertise in dealing with data incident response and data breach notifications
- Experience of advising in relation to data privacy impact assessments and legitimate interest assessments.
Fluent English (mandatory), Any other European language will be considered as an asset
Skills & Qualifications:
- The ability to promote a data protection culture within the company
- A solid understanding of information technologies and data security and an understanding of the data processing operations of global companies
Application Submission Information:
Directly on the website: