We are currently looking for the Data Privacy Officer to join our team.
Raising the Floor - International Association (RtF-I, http://raisingthefloor.org/) is a not-for-profit international association with a mission to making the web and mobile technologies accessible to everyone with disabilities, literacy and aging-related barriers, regardless of their economic status. RtF-I is leading the effort toward building and growing a Global Public Inclusive Infrastructure (GPII).
In order to protect the privacy of all user data resources and systems in the GPlI, a Data Ethics Council is being created to oversee the use and sharing of data collected or stored in conjunction with operation of the GPII infrastructures. The objective of using and external council is to ensure this oversight is robust, consistent, and independent of the pressures that operators of the GPll might feel from researchers who want access to the data, or vendors who might want access to user data in exchange for financial support to the organization.
The Data Ethics Council will serve as the advisory body to the RtF-I’s Board of Directors on both policy and execution of the policy. TheData Privacy Officer will assist in drafting the data privacy policies and overseeing their execution. The DPO has direct report authority to both the Board of Directors and, if it they deem it necessary, to the Data Ethics Council.
As a Data Privacy Officer (DPO) for RtF-I, your job will be toensure that Global Public Inclusive Infrastructure (GPII) handles the personal data of its customers, providers or any other individuals in compliance with the legal and regulatory requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other global data protection regulations as well as with our own internal privacy policies.
The DPO will report to RtF-I’s Board of Directors.
Previous experience as a Data Privacy Officer is preferred.
SUMMARY OF SPECIFIC DUTIES:
- Report directly to RtF-I’s Board of Directors regarding all policy recommendations and/or any deviations from the policy
- Work with Data Ethics Council to ensure GPII has and maintains appropriate privacy and confidentiality consent, authorization forms, and information notices and materials reflecting data protection measures.
- Establish and administer a process for receiving, documenting, tracking, investigating, and taking action on all complaints concerning the GPII privacy policies and procedures in coordination and collaboration with other similar functions and, when necessary, legal counsel.
- Act as point of contact with supervisory authorities and internal teams
- Identify and evaluate the GPII’s data processing activities
- Provide advice and instructions on how to conduct Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs)
- Monitor data management procedures and compliance within GPII
- Participate in meetings with managers to ensure privacy by design at all levels
- Maintain records of processing operations
- Ensure GPII address all queries from data subjects within legal timeframes (e.g. remove/delete information from databases etc)
- Liaise with other organisations that process data on Raising the Floor - International’s behalf
- Other relevant duties as may be required
- Experience with / knowledge of GDPR
- Degree in law or information systems, information security, or business management or equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience in any of the above fields.
- Ability to liaise and coordinate with data protection authorities and controller institutions.
- Highly proficient in English (native-speaker or equivalent)
- Well organized and able to work with tight deadlines
- Ability to work as part of an International team, as well as individually on set tasks
- Good communicator and networker
- Organised, with an attention to detail
- Research and proofreading skills with outstanding attention to detail to ensure all materials are high quality and accurate
Raising the Floor - International is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from individuals who will contribute to its diversity.
Application Submission Information:
Applicants are invited to submit a letter of interest and resume to:
Raising the Floor - International
Eva de Lera, Executive Director
IMPORTANT - Please include CoA-MAY18 in the subject line of your email submission.