- Provide specialist data protection advice to business units, privacy and legal team colleagues on projects that raise EMEA privacy concerns.
- Draft and negotiate data protection and privacy provisions in contracts with suppliers and customers.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to assist in the assessment of data protection legal risks, provide risk-based advice on compliance requirements and develop reasonable legal solutions. Unite and coordinate efforts across departments to develop relevant privacy framework, policies, procedures, guidance, and training.
- Meet regulatory expectation for what type of information is collected, how much, with whom it is shared, how it is used and protected, and how long it is retained. Coordinate required external privacy advice in relation to data protection assessments, regulatory audits, etc. in a cost-effective way.
- Work closely with the US and APJ privacy lawyers and the Global Compliance & Privacy team in setting company privacy priorities and strategies, aligning privacy with business strategy and embedding privacy and security values in corporate culture from the bottom up.
- Support the development of data management standards that rationalise the data supply chain. Advocate for the use of simple tools (automated checklists, encryption, audit logs, privacy-preserving data mining etc.) that enable data protection compliance.
- Plan for data loss, or breach, disaster recovery across EMEA.
- Qualified EU lawyer with at least 7 years experience in advising on data protection compliance in a pan-European and international context, preferably in a multinational company environment.
- Must have experience working on cross-border data protection issues, including provision of advice involving several EU countries and global transfer of data.
- Strong command skills to interface with business leaders and negotiate contracts.
- Proven ability to deliver clear, practical and pragmatic advice.
- Ability to make risk-based commercial decisions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Previous experience in the technology sector considered a definite advantage.
- Multi-lingual capabilities preferred – fluency in English essential, solid language skills in French or German considered very valuable.
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To learn more about our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion, visit: Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Learn about Dell culture, the interviewing process, and benefits offered in your location: Life at Dell.
Application Submission Information: Apply on Dell’s website at:
Job ID 17000M1T