The Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure plans transportation networks, provides transportation services and infrastructure, develops and implements transportation policies, and administers many related acts and regulations as well as federal-provincial funding programs, including the Building Canada Fund. The Ministry opens up B.C. through innovative, forward-thinking transportation strategies that move people and goods safely, and fuel our provincial economy. Improvement of vital infrastructure is a key goal, along with enhancing the competitiveness of B.C.’s transportation industries, reducing transportation-related greenhouse gas emissions and providing B.C. with a safe and reliable highway system.
To deliver on the Ministry's mandate, the Information Management Branch supports the Ministry’s IM/IT requirements with innovative and responsive services. The Branch partners with central agencies and service providers in the provision of timely, cost effective solutions.
As the Director, Security and Privacy, you will manage the design, development and implementation of a ministry-wide information security & privacy framework.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Sciences, Information Systems or a related discipline and minimum 4 years of experience at a senior level in IM/IT security; OR,
- Post-secondary diploma in Computer Sciences, Information Systems or a related discipline and a minimum of 6 years of experience at a senior level in IM/IT security; OR,
- Post-secondary certificate in Computer Sciences, Information Systems or a related discipline or secondary school graduation and a minimum of 8 years of experience at a senior level in IM/IT security.
- 3 years’ experience managing staff.
- 3 years’ experience in managing risk from a business and technological standpoint.
- 3 years’ experience conducting security & privacy audits, or investigations.
- 3 years’ experience in security and threat risk assessments (STRA) and privacy impact assessments (PIA).
- 2 years’ experience developing and implementing IM/IT policies, standards, programs or projects related to security and privacy.
- Experience managing confidential issues with tact and diplomacy.
- Experience negotiating and managing information technology contracts.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) or proven training towards obtaining a security certification.
- Preference may be given to applicants with the following:
- Experience developing and managing strategic and operational plans
- Experience managing contractors or project teams.
- The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) training or certification or similar certification.
Application Submission Information:
For more information and to apply online by June 4, 2018, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/50725
Director, Security and Privacy
$86,000.00 – $112,000.00 annually