This position will lead the Legal component of Gap, Inc.’s privacy, data security and information management programs in collaboration with our global legal teams. Duties of the role include providing strategic counsel on customer and employee data practices and policies, vendor and technology agreements; and “product review” for the company’s ecommerce, mobile and omni-channel strategies. The role will work closely with the information security, GapTech and internal audit while also being embedded with our internal Business Teams to handle data protection issues proactively. The role requires expertise in both privacy law and compliance in order to handle complex issues in a variety of contexts. In addition the successful person in this role will exhibit curiosity, responsiveness, and interest in helping our businesses solve problems.
- Learning Agility
- Drives Results
- Trust & Honesty
- Strategic Orientation
- This role will lead/collaborate with a cross-functional team of Subject Matter Experts to review proposed applications, technologies, projects and internal practices for Privacy and Data Protection issues. This role also serves to drive towards assessment and remediation of Data Protection matters.
- This role with have the opportunity to own certain teams or projects or play a high-profile contributor role for others involving Privacy and Technology.
- The role faces highly complex matters and projects. In addition, the work matters come from an increasing number of peers and business partners, which adds additional layers of complexity.
- This role will consistently interact with all brands, teams and departments in the Gap Inc. organization
- Primary responsibility is advice and counsel to business partners and technology teams regarding proposed applications and programs, including security assessments and Privacy Impact Assessments.
- Other responsibilities include Vendor Assessment and Contract Negotiation; Review of internal and externally-facing Privacy Policies and Information Governance Notices
Application Submission Information: