IAC Applications is seeking a technology expert to assist the legal, compliance and security teams in analyzing for and implementing privacy by design into our applications and systems to ensure our company’s data security. The candidate will also be responsible for developing internal policies and procedures for ensuring compliance with industry regulations and best practices. They will be a key component of helping grow the company culture to include privacy by design and drive our global privacy strategy.
Detailed Position Description:
As an IAC company (Nasdaq: IAC), IAC Applications is part of a family that includes many of the most successful media and internet brands in the world, including the Match, Tinder, Vimeo and The Daily Beast. IAC is consistently ranked in Fortune magazine’s list among the world's most admired companies in the Internet Services & Retailing sector.
IAC Applications brings together a unique collection of award-winning technology companies to form one of the world’s largest distributors of utility applications, with its products downloaded more than one million times a day across desktop, browser and mobile devices.
- Defining and implementing requirements for addressing privacy risks within our technical life cycle
- Monitor systems development, products and operations for privacy compliance
- Provide technical solutions in response to privacy impact assessments
- Partner with DevOps, Security and product development teams to architect privacy into our applications and systems
- Lead and/or assist with projects such as compliance audits, incident response, regulatory requests, privacy training and Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIA)
- Advise on privacy requirements for new product launches, features or enhancements, 3rd party integrations and use of data
- Serve as a tech privacy advocate to the business units and leadership
- Represent privacy concerns as part of an incident response team
- Where applicable, represent IAC Applications at relevant meetings with regulators and industry bodies
- Advise on creating and maintaining an accurate data inventory (internal and external)
- Architect technical solutions to comply with data access, data portability and deletion requests
- Privacy and data protection by design
- Data anonymization concepts and technologies
- Strong understanding of global data privacy regulations with specific strength in requirements for US privacy and the new European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Knowledge of cloud and on-premise infrastructures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strategic thinker and innovative problem solver; skilled in working across diverse teams to accomplish various privacy initiatives
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and project management skills
- 5+ years of experience in the technology industry with at least 3 years in security, privacy or audit
- Degree from an accredited school in Computer Science, Information Security, or Privacy Engineering
- IAPP certification strongly preferred (CIPT, CIPM or CIPP-E)
IAC Applications is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Application Submission Information:
Email resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org