Itron, Inc. (NASDAQ: ITRI), is a world-leading technology and services company dedicated to the resourceful use of energy and water. We have recently been named a Grid Edge 2016 Award winner by Greentech Media for its OpenWay Riva IoT solution. The Grid Edge Awards represent the top 20 companies or projects that have a demonstrated potential to shape tomorrow’s distributed energy systems.
Itron's Austin, TX location is currently looking for a Data Privacy/Security Specialist to assist with critical operational functions for Itron’s privacy program including GDPR, document retention and other data privacy projects.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Interface directly with product and development teams to document existing and planned data collection processes and data flows;
- Create and maintain a data inventory and related data flow diagrams and documentation;
- Conduct privacy reviews and risk assessments for new and existing products and business processes and work with relevant teams to identify privacy impact mitigation strategies;
- Partner with Information Security team to update, implement and facilitate the company’s document retention program for data privacy;
- Document and maintain records regarding privacy reviews, risk assessments, controls, and other program components;
- Track key performance indicators and other metrics to evaluate the effectiveness, growth, and value of the privacy program over time;
- Conduct privacy gap analyses against the company’s privacy framework to identify opportunities to enhance organizational privacy protections;
- Prepare privacy program training materials and documentation;
- Evangelize privacy principles to achieve better privacy integration in the product development lifecycles.
- 3+ years of experience working with data inventory documentation and records retention management including privacy regulatory compliance, privacy impact assessments and data mapping;
- 3+ years of experience implementing and managing records retention program;
- 3+ years of experience working with software and information technology systems, preferably in the IoT or smart infrastructure industry;
- Significant practical experience leading and delivering global cross-functional projects or programs;
- Demonstrated ability to identify and track program compliance requirements;
- CIPP, CIPM, CIPT and/or related certification a plus.
- IT and/or information security Project Management experience with suitable qualifications;
- Working knowledge of UK and EU data protection legislation (including GDPR)
- Experience in Information Security, Risk Management, Governance, Data Protection and Legal / Regulatory compliance;
- Ability to speak/read/write European languages is a plus.
Education: Bachelor's degree (preferably in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems or related field) required.
Application Submission Information:
Apply online at our website: https://careers.itron.com/jobs/data-privacy-security-spec-1738