About GTC Law Group:
GTC Law Group PC (the “firm” or “GTC”) specializes in Intellectual Property Strategy, Mergers & Acquisitions and Business & Technology Transactions for IP-centric companies and institutions worldwide.
GTC is a Massachusetts-based law firm headquartered outside of Boston in Westwood, Massachusetts, with an office in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and an affiliated entity in Toronto, Canada. Most of GTC’s attorneys and other personnel work from home offices throughout the United States and other locations on a “distributed” office model. Although geographically diverse, our practice areas are highly integrated, functioning as cohesive and intensely cooperative teams.
GTC Law Group is seeking a highly motivated attorney to join the firm’s established technology transactions and data privacy teams. Ideal candidate is a junior to mid-level associate with broad-based IP transaction experience in a large law firm, including M&A transactions, licensing and other commercial transactions, with at least one year of this transactional experience focused on data privacy and security matters, including the European or Asian data privacy landscape.
The attorney will provide a wide range of cross-functional support to our technology transactions and data privacy teams, including transaction due diligence (representing both acquirers and sellers, licensors and licensees), policy formation, implementation and compliance, contract review, drafting and negotiation and related matters. The attorney will also support these teams in advising a diverse, global client base on compliance and best practices across all aspects of global privacy and data protection law and regulation, including data use and sharing, analytics, data retention and data security.
Candidates for this position will ideally be located in or near the New England area, with a strong preference being on the Boston area. Candidates must be available to attend internal and external meetings in the Greater Boston area.
- Minimum of one year of experience, preferably in a large firm, with substantial focus on IP transactions and a minimum of one year of experience focused on data privacy and security issues
- In-depth knowledge of U.S. and European or Asian privacy statutes and regulations, with strong expertise in at least one sector such as financial, health care/life sciences, children’s privacy or adtech
- Licensed to practice law in the U.S.
- Excellent written and oral communication
- High comfort level with work in a “virtual” environment and eagerness to actively build relationships
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent client service and management skills
- Ability to demonstrate professional discretion and sound judgment
- Must work well both independently and as a contributing member of our hardworking teams
Application Submission Information:
If you are interested in this opportunity and your qualifications meet our requirements, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.