- Counsel and support business and technology teams on privacy issues in connection with the development of products, platforms, services and other initiatives involving the collection and use of consumer data, including business intelligence, advanced advertising, customer experience, and related business and technology initiatives.
- Counsel digital properties, including consumer facing websites and mobile applications, with respect to privacy issues
- Work closely with business, technology, information security, customer experience, regulatory and public policy, and corporate communications teams to establish relationships and deliver consistent, practical legal guidance and support
- Track and advise on legal, regulatory and policy developments relating to data collection and use, tracking and analytics, advanced advertising, and related issues
- Develop and conduct training related to Online Services, Advanced Advertising and Data Analytics
- Law Degree and member of US state bar in good standing
- 4+ years of experience with a law firm and/or corporate legal department advising on privacy matters
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Extensive experience negotiating commercial transactions and counseling clients in the areas of business intelligence, advanced advertising, and intellectual property and e-commerce for communications and entertainment technologies and businesses and product development.
- In-depth knowledge of information and privacy laws, best practices, frameworks, and self-regulatory models in U.S. and abroad, including for consumer disclosures, data collection, use, and sharing, data protection, data retention, data security, and data breach rules.
- Excellent drafting, negotiating, problem solving, and communications skills.
- Ability to multi task and to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to formulate creative solutions to accomplish business objectives.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong work ethic
- Good natured team player
Application Submission Information:
Resume can be emailed to Jennifer.email@example.com