We are a specialty retailer offering the very best of what’s next in fashion for men, women and children since 1901.
JOIN US WHERE IT ALL BEGAN.
Whether you design clothes or business strategies, crunch numbers, lead projects or write code, we have a place for you at our Seattle headquarters. And we think Seattle is a pretty great place to live. More than just rainy days and coffee, Seattle has it all — mountains and beaches, arts and parks, music and film. It's made up of quirky neighborhoods, award-winning restaurants, and thriving industry. Come see for yourself!
A day in the life…
We are looking for a talented person to join the Nordstrom Privacy Team as a Corporate Counsel. The ideal candidate has strong privacy experience, 3+ years of practice at a law firm or in house (ideally 2+ years of that experience in relevant privacy experience), and a desire to learn and build deep business partnership.
The position will be a member of a collaborative privacy team that partners with business units to identify legal risks and requirements, champion privacy of customers and employees, and identify solutions for the business. We want a team member who passionate about collaboration, solutions-oriented in approaching questions and challenges, and able to work closely with other privacy team members.
- Leading high impact projects and efforts to address privacy legal risks and requirements throughout the enterprise;
- Developing and maintaining collaborative relationships with teams and stakeholders throughout the enterprise;
- Partnering with business units to understand objectives and proposed solutions, and supporting business units in achieving business objectives while understanding and addressing privacy risks;
- Reviewing vendor and partner contracts to identify privacy and security risks and deviations from preferred terms, and negotiating appropriate terms to address risks;
- Supporting other Privacy team members in conducting privacy impact analyses and project assessments to address privacy risks and legal requirements;
- Consistently demonstrating a strong knowledge of privacy requirements and best practices; and
- Successfully navigating quickly changing priorities, ambiguity, and the unexpected with a positive attitude, and calm demeanor.
You own this if you have…
- 3+ years of legal experience at a top-tier law firm or in-house legal department; ideally 2+ years of that experience in relevant privacy experience
- Strong preference for experience with and working knowledge of U.S. and Canadian privacy law, including Online Behavioral Advertising Principles, State Data Breach Notification laws, State Data Protection Laws, Attorney General and Federal Trade Commission privacy guidance and enforcement actions, GLBA, HIPAA, PIPEDA, FCRA/FACTA, CAN SPAM, CASL, and COPPA
- IAPP Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US, CIPP/C, or other IAPP credential) preferred
- Experience reviewing and negotiating vendor and service provider contracts
- Excellent time management, research, drafting, and communication skills;
- Comfort and familiarity with existing and emerging technology and e-commerce strongly preferred; retail experience is a plus
- Understanding of marketing, targeted advertising, and data analytics strongly preferred
- A passion for privacy, data protection, and data policy
- J.D. with a license to practice law in any U.S. jurisdiction
We’ve got you covered…
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, vision and dental coverage, a fabulous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(k) plan and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work employees can expect within this particular job classification. It is certainly not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required for this job.
Application Submission Information:
Please apply directly online to the posting for consideration for the role. You can find the job posting at: https://bit.ly/2jXpIFM