AvePoint accelerates your digital transformation success. Over 16,000 companies and 6 million SharePoint and Office 365 users worldwide trust AvePoint software and services for their data migration, management, and protection needs in the cloud, on-premises and hybrid environments.
A four-time Microsoft Partner of the Year, AvePoint has been named to the Inc. 500|5000 six times and the Deloitte Technology Fast 500™ five times. AvePoint is a Microsoft Global ISV Partner, and four-time Microsoft Partner of the Year Award winner. Founded in 2001, AvePoint is privately held and headquartered in Jersey City, NJ.
AvePoint is looking for an experienced, self-motivated, professional team player to join us as a European based- Global Compliance Technical Specialist. The Compliance Technical Specialist serves on AvePoint’s multidisciplinary Security, Privacy and Risk Team and supports internal compliance requirements for the business as well as field enablement, product management, product roadmap, training and education of the field and customers, content development, scenario development and knowledge base content.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting AvePoint’s overall responsibility for all privacy, data protection and security programs
- Serving in a customer facing role to provide subject matter expertise and product/technology evangelism
- Collecting feedback from the field to provide to our internal product development teams.
- Serving as a point of escalation and mentor for the global technical field to ensure that we supply a globally high standard of service
- Assisting the global compliance team in strategic planning and enhancement of our overall privacy, security and data protection implementations internally
- Driving pre-sales and delivery methodologies for privacy, data protection and security programs
- Relevant technical experience with compliance related software technologies
- 10-15+ years of related experience
- Strong knowledge of Cloud and on premise collaboration technologies, Office 365, Box, DropBox, SIEM System and DLP experience
- Understanding of competitive compliance products & services/tools
- Strong negotiation, organization, and presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Significant experience delivering persuasive presentations to both technical and business decision makers
- Strong virtual teaming abilities, exceptional leadership skills, and a strong commitment to customer service
- Knowledgeable in strategic planning, risk analysis and business justification
- Experience with Security, Data Protection, Data Privacy and/or Information Security regulatory standards is required
- Experience with W3C WCAG, Section 508 a plus
- BA/BS Degree (Technical Writing, Computer Science, Engineering, or other technical majors preferred, but not required)
- Master’s degree a plus-CISSP, CIPP, JD and or advanced degree or certification in compliance is a plus.
- Prior experience with standards based compliance projects a plus (CSA-Star, ISO, NIST, GDPR)
Strong background in writing with excellent editing and proofreading skills
- Strong technical knowledge of enterprise software applications.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a dynamic customer environment.
- Experience working with software documentation style guides and creating or contributing to team style guides.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal direction.
- A quick learner and technology enthusiast.
- Consistently demonstrating a professional, positive, and approachable attitude/demeanor and sensitivity in handling confidential information.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Application Submission Information: