The Associate Director, Global Data Privacy will report to and assist the Chief Privacy Officer to ensure full compliance with all applicable privacy laws and regulations globally. In particular, this role will be responsible for responding to and proactively managing privacy issues that arise and enhancing the Company's global privacy program. The position will interact with departments across Regeneron’s global operations.
- Develop, manage and assist in the implementation and maintenance of the Company's information privacy policies and procedures and, collaborate on cyber privacy and security policies and procedures as needed.
- Develop and manage comprehensive multi-phase project plans that address required actions, accountability and delivery milestones.
- Proactively manage risks, assumptions, issues, and dependencies, ensuring that these are identified, mitigated or escalated as necessary.
- Develop and maintain a forecast of costs for the privacy program; provide input on the annual budgeting process.
- Partner with the business in the design and evaluation of data protection related projects to ensure that new business activities and product are developed with privacy by design principles.
- Draft and assist in the implementation and maintenance of the Company's information privacy policies and procedures and, collaborate on cyber security policies and procedures as needed.
- Draft and maintain privacy training materials and other communications to raise awareness and drive cultural change with employees, third parties, and customers where appropriate. Create process workflows, documentation and presentation decks for different audiences.
- Collaborate with the legal department on privacy matters relating to business partner contracts, scientific research and product marketing-related activities; must be able to assist the legal department with negotiating and drafting privacy provisions, review of informed consent forms and provide advice on collection, use, storage and processing of personal information.
- Work with business teams and senior management to ensure awareness of "best practices" on data protection issues and liaise regularly with business leaders.
- Provide privacy guidance to business units in the development of tools and methodologies.
- Partner with Information Security in the investigation of unauthorized access, loss or disclosure of personal data, and manage legal analysis to determine if notification and other actions are required.
- Assure that the use of technologies maintains and does not erode, privacy protections on use, collection and disclosure of personal information.
- Conduct and maintain privacy impact assessments on existing and new processing activities of personal information and update data flow maps as needed.
- Monitor changes in privacy laws and regulatory environment and monitor advancements in information privacy technologies to ensure organizational awareness, adaptation and compliance, as needed.
- Cooperate and collaborate with the Company's compliance monitoring team in connection with periodic compliance and operational assessment of the Company's privacy program.
At least 5 years’ experience in the privacy profession, with at least three years working in or with pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology companies on data privacy related activities including those related to scientific research and genetics and employee and patient personal information.
- In-depth knowledge of US and EU privacy laws and its application to the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry and scientific research and development activities.
- In-depth knowledge of legal, regulatory, compliance and business environment for the pharmaceutical industry.
- Pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology experience required.
- High level of influencing skills and ability to drive change as it relates to implementing remedial actions.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within an organization and with all levels of the workforce.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate to a diverse audience at multiple levels within the company.
- Law degree preferred.
- lAPP Certifications particularly CIPP/US and CIPP /E a plus.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment. He/She must be proactive and have excellent interpersonal, communication and conflict resolution skills.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron’s unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
Application Submission Information: