The Associate Director, GLBA Oversight will provide direction and expertise on all aspects of information privacy, privacy compliance, and confidentiality within Santander Consumer, serving as a subject matter expert in these areas. Manage the day-to-day operations of the data privacy program, including incident response and providing advice and governance on privacy related matters. Participate in the design, development, and implementation of data privacy program enhancements and process improvements necessary to achieve the program’s objectives. Work with Legal and the Chief Compliance Officer to maintain standards and controls to comply with state, federal, and international data privacy laws and regulations.
- Participates on data security and privacy assessments
- Supports project requests related to enterprise information governance, records and information management and litigation readiness
- Development and implementation of privacy policies and processes
- Development and maintenance of privacy practices
- Identification of training needs, program process modifications
- Drafting and maintenance of agencies’ Notice of Privacy Practices communications
- Monitoring and responding to privacy related complaints, incidents and issues related to unauthorized disclosure of individually identifiable information
- Responding to questions and inquiries relating to privacy and compliance
- Leadership on projects related to privacy and compliance.
- Works with all levels of management, and serves as a key point of contact with internal and external constituents on all issues pertaining to the data privacy.
- Lead and participate in other committees as needed.
- Function as a project manager or project sponsor with respect to federal and state rule and law changes impacting privacy and data security.
Application Submission Information: