- Provide leadership and guidance to Americas-based Dentsu Aegis Network (DAN) agencies on all aspects of privacy and data protection. This will include liaising with DAN’s Global Data Protection team and business stakeholders in agencies across various regional geographies and markets, and their associated functional units across DAN (for example, HR, Client and Business Teams, Operations, Procurement, IT Security, Legal, etc.) in relation to the development of policies, procedures, processes, and initiatives to ensure compliance.
- Foster a positive data protection culture within DAN; Develop, implement, maintain and monitor privacy and data protection policies and controls; Conduct audits to ensure privacy and data protection compliance and proactively address potential privacy and data protection issues.
- Provide senior stakeholders and the ELT assurance through the monitoring and oversight of the health and activities of DAN’s privacy and data protection practice; Lead data protection and privacy committee meetings with key stakeholders to maintain visibility into privacy and data protection issues throughout the organization and advise senior stakeholders and ELT regarding important developments and risks;
- Ensure effective data governance processes and procedures are established and adhered to across all DAN agencies and geographic markets. Drive continuous privacy and data protection improvement within DAN by constructively challenging existing processes and procedures.
- Track and report key performance indicators to the appropriate stakeholders on a regular basis. Produce position papers and related materials as instructed by, or agreed with, the DAN Americas General Counsel or the Dentsu Aegis Network Global Data Protection Officer.
- Undertake monitoring and review of operational processes to ensure privacy and data protection controls are effective and working as intended. Participate and advise on security incidents and investigations and help undertake reporting and remedial actions as necessary.
- Conduct reviews and assist in data protection impact assessments for all new products and services, ensuring due consideration is given to technical and organizational measures to protect and safeguard personal data and include essential elements of privacy by design and by default.
- Oversee and deliver comprehensive privacy and data protection training and awareness for employees involved in personal data processing including the provision of bespoke, ad hoc training to improve local/regional knowledge and drive the formation of a regional network of data champions.
- Support Legal and Procurement teams around privacy and data protection compliance in supplier and client relationships.
- Administer and participate in the execution of escalation procedures for data protection breaches and security incidents.
- Periodically attend Dentsu Aegis Network regional executive meetings to report on privacy and data protection issues.
- Maintain a working knowledge of data protection and privacy laws impacting the region and regularly update the General Counsel and legal team of any changes that may have an impact on DAN’s business interests.
Application Submission Information:
Applicants should apply online on our careers website, and also email your resume directly to Austin.firstname.lastname@example.org.