What You Will Do:
- Lead AdRoll’s global privacy initiatives and strategies, providing legal advice to AdRoll’s legal department and teams across the company on a variety of issues related to privacy, data use, and security
- Work collaboratively with the Product team on new products and initiatives to ensure legal compliance - counsel on the details as well as consider the company’s big picture strategic objectives
- Play a leadership role advising teams cross-functionally on a wide range of privacy and data use, including platform integrations with US and international laws and implementing related strategies
- Provide legal input on cybersecurity efforts for our information security team
- Partner on reviewing and negotiating sales/vendor contracts and data protection agreements for data, privacy, and security issues
- Provide support on review of marketing materials for data, privacy, security and other compliance issues
- Support M&A transactions and/or financing transactions
- Actively participate in formal and informal industry groups
- Create and deliver effective legal training and actionable written guidelines for the business
- Manage compliance with our domestic and international self-regulatory bodies
- Act as a utility player and work across a variety of projects within Legal as needed
- You have strong academic credentials and California Bar admission in good standing (or qualified for and willing to apply for/maintain Registered In-House Counsel status with California State Bar)
- You come with a minimum of 8-10 years of combined relevant experience in a law firm, government agencies, and/or in-house legal department working on tech transactions, preferably with ad tech or cloud-based companies (either in-house or as outside counsel)
- You have extensive experience advising on domestic and global privacy issues, including the GDPR, ePrivacy directive, Section 5 of FTC Act relating to privacy, anti spam laws, and also ideally, DAA and NAI self regulatory guidelines
- You see leading cross-functional projects and partnering with active business development, engineering, product, and marketing teams as a huge benefit of working in-house and you are good at it
- You love learning and helping others learn - you see creating passionate legal ambassadors throughout the company as a collective win for Legal and the company
- You have a knack for thinking through the details while seeing the big picture; in other words, you see your job as working with the business to balance risk vs reward appropriately in support of business initiatives and objectives
- You take being a legal advisor seriously and have a can-do attitude when working with colleagues or clients, no matter their position at the company
- You are a self-starter teammate with a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude, strong attention to detail, solution-orientation, and “keep it human” approach to communicating.
- You view a rapidly changing environment and a little bit of chaos as a greenfield opportunity to have an impact
- Technical background a plus
- Title dependent upon experience
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical / Dental benefits
- Paid time off and generous holiday schedule
- The opportunity to win the coveted Golden Bagel
About AdRoll Group:
In 2007 AdRoll, now AdRoll Group, was founded with the objective of helping big and small businesses turn their customer data into high-performance marketing. From this inspiration, AdRoll grew to AdRoll Group, the Growth Platform Company. Organized around world-class data and automation, the company is home to AdRoll, the E-commerce Growth Platform, and RollWorks, the B2B Growth Platform. Each division is able to leverage shared platform capabilities, BidIQ artificial intelligence, and the IntentMap, a data co-op of more than 1.2 billion digital profiles, to solve online growth and connections for over 37,000 marketers worldwide.
AdRoll Group is a privately-held company headquartered in San Francisco, CA with offices in New York, Dublin, Sydney, London, Tokyo, Chicago, and Salt Lake City. Learn more at adrollgroup.com.
AdRoll Group is committed to creating diverse teams of “Rollers” and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, sex, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or other characteristics.
Application Submission Information:
Apply via the Careers site: https://www.adroll.com/about/careers/open-positions/san-francisco?job=1100183